• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K-Pro exchange - key coding

Hi there, the time has come to have my mates K-Pro and Aem off of him, but what I wanted to know was can I take his ecu out of his car and take it with my car to the dealer, swap the ecu's over have both sets of keys coded without his car being there. Obviously when we get back I will put my old ecu back in his car.

You need both cars there unfortunately

You can use his ECU without the key being recoded as you can turn the immobilser function off on Kpro but the other one you can't. It needs to be plugged into the car where they will connect there gadget to the ODB port under the drivers side and code the keys.

Carl

What normally happens ??, does the dealer swap the ecu's over for you when you have the keys re-coded ??, also if I took my mates AEM off would it do his car any harm if he still ran it to the dealers with his Kpro still fitted. I am running out of time as I am booked in at CPL on Friday morning.

chippyleigh said:
What normally happens ??, does the dealer swap the ecu's over for you when you have the keys re-coded ??, also if I took my mates AEM off would it do his car any harm if he still ran it to the dealers with his Kpro still fitted. I am running out of time as I am booked in at CPL on Friday morning.

If you've got a laptop you could just load the standard map onto the K-pro and then when its swapped put something similar to your mods back on. When Julian and I swapped ECU, they swapped the units and the keys were recoded it took about 40 minutes in total if I remember rightly, they did everything but remember to take both sets of keys with you.

If you haven't got a laptop he should be ok with the stock airbox, if your worried just take it easy on the way there and all should be fine.

Back