• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

k pro- is it worth it ??

is it worth getting k pro on standard equipment. ??? at the moment all i have is an injen CAI. im planning on an exhaust soon but im trying to find a friendly MOT tester up here 1st before i go for the toda manifold decatted route. is it worth getting the kpro 1st or should i wait and get the exhust fitted 1st???

All depends on when you can get the funds mate. If your only getting a cat back then the exhaust won't make much difference TBH.

I'd say get the KPro first, you can always re map it at a later date.

I would say get the exhaust first then the K-Pro. Although there is probably a map for the injen cai, no two cars are the same. If you can afford the TODA at the same time you might as well get that fitted as well and then pay for a dyno tune.

Well if the header goes on before the KPro will the car not run lean :?

Trung has been running the TODA, GruppeM and Spoon exhaust without KPro for over a year without any problems.

JT said:
Trung has been running the TODA, GruppeM and Spoon exhaust without KPro for over a year without any problems.

Oh ok didn't know that!

I am getting a KPRO fitted this weekend up at System R so I will give a full report.

I have a Mugen Twinloop catback , Comptech Icebox,Hondata Heatshield and an earthing kit.

Depends if you can justify spending an extra £700 on the car m8. I had it before but I got rid of it as I was going to sell the car. It was nice seeing (most) of the money back again though. :lol:

I fitted spoon manif, hks system aem intake and car was very lean, then added Kpro.

If you fit a manifold get the AF ratio checked by a pro

Thanks to System-R on the weekend for fitting my KPRO , another great job done by Paul@System-R. Pleased with the result, Mugen exhaust+Comptech icebox+KPRO gave me 198 @ the wheels. So around 234 if you figure in transmission losses.

neal01 said:
Thanks to System-R on the weekend for fitting my KPRO , another great job done by Paul@System-R. Pleased with the result, Mugen exhaust+Comptech icebox+KPRO gave me 198 @ the wheels. So around 234 if you figure in transmission losses.
Is that power with headers as well?.

cressie said:
neal01 said:
Is that power with headers as well?.

No, everything on the car is standard apart from the exhaust, airbox and KPRO.

JT said:

That doesn't mean that he won't cause any long term damage though, does it?

It is widely accepted that running a manifold (especially the Toda) will cause the engine to run lean.

Besides, he's not getting the best power out of the Toda without a Hondata of some kind.

Kpro and lsd are the 2 best mods you can do for the ctr in my personal opinion

MrZippo said:

nope change the tyres and set up the geometry. bang for buck, waay better as not everyone can afford nearly 2k on those....

G said:
MrZippo said:

nope change the tyres and set up the geometry. bang for buck, waay better as not everyone can afford nearly 2k on those....

Oh the JDM rear anti roll bar is another cheap but effective mod

It should pay for itself in better mpg, iirc it took about 7 months for me to get the money back I paid in better mpg

Back