• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K-pro Light issue (Novice)

I finally got K-pro fitted after putting it off for almost 2 yrs. I started with the standard cold air map to be safe. However my CEL light is still illuminated. Will it take time for the light to go off eg after 100 miles?
The car is alot smoother & has more torque but the Engine light is really annoying me as 25% of getting the k-pro was to turn that light off.
I'm thinking maybe the error code needs to be physically removed first then the light wont come back on.
Anybody know whats going on here?

Thanks.

OBD II

I'm thinking that I need someone with an OBD II scanner to plug into the OBD II port near the bonnet release pin in drivers footwell, to remove the fault code. Then K-pro shouldn't allow it to come back on. Anybody think this is the case? Or is it because I don't have open loop set? I need a map untill I can get to TDI North. I have K-pro, ITG, DC mani, Spec 4 system. Map needs to be turn ''cel'' off.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
You definitely don't need to fiddle with the ODB-2 port. The k-pro manages your ODB-2 so it wont change anything. The code might get cleared but it would come back within seconds anyway.

Sounds like 2 things dude. Either you have the wrong sensor ticked into your map, or it's just that you have uploaded a US map into your UK ECU.

IF this is the case then you need to edit it with notepad and change the ECU type.
On the US maps (the rsx ones) the ecu type is 3 (line ECUType=3) and you need to change it to ECUType=2 (for the UK EP3).
Re-upload that modified map into your k-pro and the light should go away.

However you know that the RSX-CAI map isn't that great tbh. I use to run it when I first bought my k-pro too, but if you get you car remapped you will see a noticeable difference in torque/power.

Let me know how you get on with that.

thanks

Thanks that makes alot of sense now. I just need a safe map untill I go to TDI North thats all. My laptop has a gone battery so I have to borrow my mums to try again now. Should I run in closed loop. Is it ok to turn every sensor off like heat sensor?
Any maps for ITG, DC Mani, Spec 4 ??

Last edited by a moderator:
just for info I got around 234 bhp at TDI with a similar set up to the above. Though I would imagine you would get better results with your DC mani over my Jackson one. Which I am using just because it was on from when I had the JRSC.

wow! changed to a suitable map & knocked the cel light off! must be around 230 bhp! :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

LOL Yeah I was kinda hunting around for about 1 year & just kept putting it off. I think I'm done with engine mods for a while, prob do a little bit of styling next, black stock rims, JDM wind deflectors & some subtle tints.

hey mate, did you find a map to use for the dc mani, itg + exhaust or did you get it dyno tuned?

ive got similar mods, and need a map until i can get to tdi next month!!! :smt047

Back