• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K-pro mapping/dealers nearby Glasgow?

S1

I'm thinking of getting this mod done later on this year (too poor at the moment :() dose anyone know or recommend some place nearby Glasgow :confused:, i know there's TDI, CPL (a bit to far) & Daskek (hear they weren't that good).

I can fit the K-Pro and give it a base map myself (I've had experience chipping & base mapping my old B16a2).

Any suggestion are greatly appreciated.

A guy called Henry down in Ayrshire will now map k pro, dunno if you have heard of him but he has a good rep.

A guy called Henry down in Ayrshire will now map k pro, dunno if you have heard of him but he has a good rep.

I've not hear of him, do you have a number or an address. Dose he sell K-Pro as well or is it just mapping?

Henry Roy in ayrshire - 07533017716

Only maps them but he has a great rep. I am off to see him in the next couple of months.

Only one place to go for mapping and that is TDI North. Get down there, it is only a jaunt down the M6 - not that far when you consider Paul is the best mapper in the UK for the K20 engine. :idea:

I travelled from the south west UK to go there.

700 - 800 mile round trip plus an overnight stay......About time there was someone else more than capable mapping K-Pro outside Englandshire!;)

700 mile round trip plus an overnight stay......

Two tanks of fuel and a £35 travel inn.

Not forgetting your MPG will vastly improve after a decent mapping session.

Of course you could go to the guy listed in this thread, but if it goes wrong or you don't get the desired results will it be worth it?

Paul has been in this business for some time, knows the engine like the back of his hand, tunes the car to perfection. TGM get their race cars tuned there.

I have not heard a bad word or seen a disappointed with results style thread about his work ever.

I know of a Scottish chap that should have gone there, but he is learning the hard way..

What background does Henry Roy have? Does he dyno or road tune?

Two tanks of fuel and a £35 travel inn.

Not forgetting your MPG will vastly improve after a decent mapping session.

Of course you could go to the guy listed in this thread, but when it goes wrong or you don't get the desired results will it be worth it?

Who to say it will go wrong? Every car he has mapped has produced god results.

Paul has been in this business for some time, knows the engine like the back of his hand, tunes the car to perfection. TGM get their race cars tuned there.

I'm sure he is very good at mapping the K-Pro but there are also others out there who are also very capable.

I have not heard a bad word or seen a disappointed with results style thread about his work ever.

Nor i about Henry Roy.

I know of a Scottish chap that should have gone there, but he is learning the hard way..

That has nothing to do with Henry Roy. *** be testing that map on my car with exactly the same mods to see if its the map or mechanical.

What background does Henry Roy have? Does he dyno or road tune?

It is irrelevant. Andy Forrest does all of his mapping out on the road and is one of the best mappers in the country.

Yes, TDI/CPL etc have a massive amount of experience with mapping the K-Pro and i'm sure they all do a very good job but H.R is getting very good reports and is closer to home.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dyno and road. It all depends on the experience and skill of the mapper. Live data logging gives you all the info you need.

The only part i really disagree with is "Of course you could go to the guy listed in this thread, but when it goes wrong or you don't get the desired results will it be worth it?". With no experience of H.R and no real knowledge of his background or results produced its a bit of a bold statement to say it will go wrong or you won't get the desired results.

Dyno and road. It all depends on the experience and skill of the mapper. Live data logging gives you all the info you need.

Indeed, like I said, someone from Scotland should have gone there in the first instance, now from what I understand he is experiencing some issues after a mapping session.

I don't understand why someone would scrimp on a mapping session though, I mean if it benefits the car and you want the best from it, I would not be concerned about spending a few quid on a couple of tanks of fuel to get it mapped by someone who really knows what they are doing.

Plus it would be an excuse to get out of Scotland :smt047

The only part i really disagree with is "Of course you could go to the guy listed in this thread, but when it goes wrong or you don't get the desired results will it be worth it?". With no experience of H.R and no real knowledge of his background or results produced its a bit of a bold statement to say it will go wrong or you won't get the desired results.

I edited to say if.

I agree saying when was a bit out of order.

However I have been on the Type R scene for around 7-8 years now and have read many a Dyno/Tuning thread and experienced first hand results with regards to TDi North, just passing on what I know.

Indeed, like I said, someone from Scotland should have gone there in the first instance, now from what I understand he is experiencing some issues after a mapping session.

I don't understand why someone would scrimp on a mapping session though, I mean if it benefits the car and you want the best from it, I would not be concerned about spending a few quid on a couple of tanks of fuel to get it mapped by someone who really knows what they are doing.

Plus it would be an excuse to get out of Scotland :smt047

Just to make clear to anyone else reading this that the mentioned person above had his car mapped by other than H.R and that company has offered to take the car back in and diagnose/rectify any mapping issues without charge. There's also nothing wrong with the map that is obvious. We'll see if the problems are replicated on my car when i run the same map with exactly the same mods.

Its not really scrimping, its just a lot more convenient.

:p:lol:

"However I have been on the Type R scene for around 7-8 years now and have read many a Dyno/Tuning thread and experienced first hand results with regards to TDi North, just passing on what I know."

I don't disagree with the fact that they are very good. I would be more than happy to take my car there without question. If the same can be done closer to home saving me a few hundred miles driving and putting business to someone 'local', at the same time promoting their good work, then that works for me.

Nothing wrong with trying Henry Roy before venturing south, makes sense IMO as he is much closer. If not happy with the results then off to TDI.

its further for you but ain't i right in saying Artech/Romain are the nuts for mapping? thats what ive read on here anyway

Nothing wrong with trying Henry Roy before venturing south, makes sense IMO as he is much closer. If not happy with the results then off to TDI.

Sounds like a good idea, i've not heard of Henry Roy before but if you all say he's that good i would like to give him a try and he's closer :)

A friend of mine got his car mapped at TDI (red EP3 with a Rotrex supercharger) but a 4 hour journey to there and back, i just don't have the time.

There's also nothing wrong with the map that is obvious.QUOTE]

I agree, I drove the car in question and the map was fine, my car was mapped by the same company and was fine.

I don't think a map works one day then not the next, so perhaps before accusing the problem should have been found.

I have heard bad stories about tdi/cpl/artech but never of Henry, people are always gonna promote who they use and bad mouth the others.

Henry has mapped cream sodas rotrex'd ep3 and that car goes like fcuk. He has also mapped alot of EK9's of my mates and each one of them were really quick with no issues.

He will actually be more expensive to use for mapping than tdi so it certainly won't be scrimping.

Back