• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K-Pro, price guide for an MG driving super-noob

hey guys... as above really...

firstly, are there any dealers that sell them new? the hondata website only lists two in the UK, neither of which have prices on their website

secondly what's the going second hand price?

and more importantly is there anything i should know before i part with £500 of my cash? (I'm guessing £500 from what i've learnt so far)

thanks again from a grateful foreigner!

For a complete ECU rather than exchange I think you'll be looking in the region of £700 ish

£1000 is what you will need put a side to include a map as well

Thats what I budgeted for.

But in the end went for a K100, which worked out at about £720 mapped at Artech.

I dont think the K100 would be the best choice here though, as the added extras that the KPro gives would be better suited to this project.

It's worth baring in mind that there are different variations for the Kpro depending on which car you have (EP3, DC5 etc). I know you'll just be taking the engine from one of these to put in your car, but it's worth making sure that you get a Kpro compatible to the engine.

It's worth baring in mind that there are different variations for the Kpro depending on which car you have (EP3, DC5 etc). I know you'll just be taking the engine from one of these to put in your car, but it's worth making sure that you get a Kpro compatible to the engine.

just bought an engine today... the guys i've bought it off with do me a K-pro ECU as well with 2 maps included

the specs of the engine are in the thread about the conversion in the engine mods section... i think you'll be impressed guys :D

Thats what I budgeted for.

But in the end went for a K100, which worked out at about £720 mapped at Artech.

I dont think the K100 would be the best choice here though, as the added extras that the KPro gives would be better suited to this project.

hi quick question as cant seem to find a definitive answer anywhere.. what happens with the k100 as i know its installed into your original ecu but do the keys need coding for imobiliser like the kpro and is it installed and mapped there and then i.e drive in and drive out and its all done as someone has told me the tuner will need to put a temp loan ecu in while they get the original ecu k100 installed and then go back to have it installed so done in say 2 trips

^^

No, I rolled into Artech at aout 9:00am, then rolled out at 5pm with a K100 installed mapped and tunned after about 25 runs on the dyno.

No issues with imobilisers or anything.

I went down and my ECU was removed, it was then taken apart and a K100 chip was insatlled to it. While this was happening a KPro was installed to my car and a few road runs where done to see how the car was running with the new mods on a standard map.

Car was then fine tuned on the RR to get everything sorted.

All done in one day, time was taken and total care thoughout. Fantastic end results. Best mod to the lot.

Can you do this at CPL aswell? Just go in in the morning and come out with K-pro/k-100?

Reason why I ask, I need to come by boat to the UK, drive some 100's miles to get it mapped, so I cannot really afford to get my ECU taken out and need it to be sent out for some days. It must be done in 1 day if possible.

Can CPL do this for example, as they seem the easiest to get to for mapping. It won't be for this year, but just getting all the info needed :)

Back