• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

k-pro

im looking to get k-pro for my ep3 but the problem is i dont think the insurance will cover me with it on what do i do? the people who are running k-pro what have you done bout it if possible

you really only have 2 options, find an insurer who will cover it or don't get one :)

or dont say anything, they wont be able to tell

if you have a crash and they do spot its not a standard ecu (yes, I know its hard to tell the difference) then you're a bit fubared.

yeah i agree with the above, weigh it up mate. Do you really think you can afford to pay for repairs if you crash it? Is Kpro really worth voiding your insurance? Is Kpro worth adding to your no doubt reasonably large premium as it is. I drove mine with a few naughty bits added without declaring them for the last month but only because my premium was nearly complete, i dont advocate it one bit though.

But if you can find a good solution, i think youll love Kpro. Its true what they say, it really ought to be the first mod you do to the car if your that much of an enthusiast.

Nowadays insurance companies are getting good at spotting things, imo it would be horrendously unlucky for them to find it but theres always that chance.

But i have to ask, what other mods do you have? Will Kpro be your only mod? If so, it does really improve the standard car but will you be getting the complete package out of it or are you looking just to have bragging rights about launch control on a standard ep3? (yes i know it improves midrange too) If you have other mods will you take these into account when renewing insurances, if you dont declare them, then go for the Kpro, its already void so to speak.

Back