• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K100 cel problem

Hi guys,

Yesterday i swapped my standard ecu for another with the k100 installed, i got honda to recode my keys as advised and works fine, Im also very happy with the performance gains,

However the check engine light has appeared on my dash for the first time, i have tried removing the cel fuse for a while and putting it back in but the cel still appears.

How can i remove this light because i know my car has no problems ?

thanks
milly

Before i swapped my ecu, i had no cel, and with the new ecu + k100 i have the cel, so i assume everything on my car is ok and its a fault with the new ecu or k100. What do you think ? the only mods i have are intake and cat back exhaust.

ok will do. the car i got the k100 from had same catback exhaust but different intake, not sure of the make.

In an ideal world, it should be mapped to your car so if you haven't thought about it, start planning on getting it to a Hondata tuner for a tweak.

Ill see how it performs on the dyno first. It is definatly fast enough for me now and i cant justify spending more if it isnt necessary, the k100 was tuned by cpl racing a while ago, does this mean id have to go back to them for a tune ?

I'm not sure mate, I think they put passwords on the maps down there.

You can get any Hondata tuner to remap the k100 but it would have to be a new map ( which in fairness it should be anyway so that its specifically written to your mods / engine ).

Thats good to know. It sort of defeats the object of buying a second hand ecu/k100 for a good price though if im gona get it mapped straight away.

Not really most people know that a second hand k100/kpro needs to be remapped to suit your own car

I guess your right, though a used k100 goes for around £450 plus tuning, I should of just bought a new one as it adds up to the same price pretty much.

I deffinatly made a school boy error there. When i get my car on the rolling road, will they be able to tell if the map is any good and if its running rich or lean ?

it sort of defeats the object buying an after market ecu and not mapping it to your car.

honestly it will be alot better for you and your car.

yeh i know, i will get it mapped as soon as the funds are available, i may have to sell the house. :D

HI all got the codes back, havnt got them with me now but its a fault with both o2 sensors, any ideas ?

I said it does that if you remember. It has to be put in to the map when you get it done as it thinks there is none there and they have not been turned off it went to be looked at when I had it that's how I know what it was. Any hondata place can disable them for you so it turns the cel off.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using my fingers and thumb.

iv had it plugged in computer and cel turned off, it just re-appears a few miles later !

Back