• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K100 cold start idle speed

I've recently had the cpl reflash done with the k100 fitted. Since then the idle has been really high for the first 10 mins when cold. It's sits at around 2k with throttle untouched then as soon as you start to drive and then dip the clutch, the revs rise to nearly 3k for about 10 secs then slowly die down, sometimes pulsing back up again, others it finds idle at just over 1k.

It does this EVERY time you did the clutch or change gear. Meaning going through the gears when cold at low rpm actually speeds up like cruise control as it wants to sit near 3k! It makes driving when cold horrendous! My commute is 3 miles so I get to experience this an awful lot.

Can anyone else with either the reflash or a custom map please either share a video from cold start or describe how it runs?

The car used to run sweet as, I've tried a complete new throttle body, cleaned 2x ICV and taught the idle more times than I can remember.

So any help would be great thanks.

Mark.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Think that's standard. Both my EP3's idled high when cold once mapped with a K100.

You won't be able to adjust it yourself as there is no interface on a K100.

You do set idle speed according to the engine temps, but you want the engine to warm up ASAP as cold running does them no good, plus it would idle like a dog cold at 1k. It's set like that by Honda and then the mapper for a reason.

Try deleting the cold air assist valve.
06f1238ff2253e69515acd5f07a8c197.jpg

Where the pipe goes into the inlet manifold. Either clamp it off or put a bung on it.

Yeah just bought ep3 with a k100 and pood myself a little on the first cold start! Mine did almost exactly the same as you describe and all research seems to say it's normal.

Loxy it was never this bad before, it did idle high, Yes. But it would settle relatively quickly. This seems to idle even higher for even longer. 2800rpm is excessive in 8oC weather! Especially as it still does it once the needle has started moving after a 6 minute drive!

If I'd have know it would make driving it cold worse I wouldn't have bothered!

On the plus side, clamping the idle assist pipe as mentioned above, seems to have made it better. Seems to peak at 2500rpm now instead, if gers crossed this makes it better!

Thanks all.

So the verdict is a custom map will still be higher cold idle or could they use the same settings as standard?

Lewis, this has been much better this morning! I can live with it how it is now. I owe you a beer!

Lewis, this has been much better this morning! I can live with it how it is now. I owe you a beer!

No problem. The engine doesn't really need that cold idle assist valve and a lot of the time it gets deleted with tuned set ups. Or there could be a chance that idle assist valve was faulty and letting in too much air.
But just to add. It's common for high idle at cold start with a K100/KPRO

Back