• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K100 ECU and Remap

Ok so looking to get my ep3 ecu upgraded to a K100 with a remap been quoted around the £800 mark by EuroSpec2000, for K100 supplied, fitted and tuned.

Wanted some honest opinions if it is worth doing, current mods on the car is a 2.5inch cat back and a AEM cold air intake. Would I see any difference in gains, bhp, torque spending the £800, or better to just leave it how it is.

Thanks

You'd see and feel a difference.

Do you have any further power related mods planned? If so I'd get those first and then just have it mapped the one time.

I had the exact same mods when I first got my ep3 mapped. I had both ECUs so had TDi do a power run on a tune and back on OEM.

OEM it made 217bhp peak power, mapped it made 223bhp peak. I think it was around 4000 RPM there was a 50bhp difference.

So, whilst the peak figure may not be significantly different, the power delivery is hugely improved along with general drivability. They're much better on track when mapped IMO, gives some leeway to avoid dropping out of vtec. You won't be disappointed.

I had the exact same mods when I first got my ep3 mapped. I had both ECUs so had TDi do a power run on a tune and back on OEM.

OEM it made 217bhp peak power, mapped it made 223bhp peak. I think it was around 4000 RPM there was a 50bhp difference.

So, whilst the peak figure may not be significantly different, the power delivery is hugely improved along with general drivability. They're much better on track when mapped IMO, gives some leeway to avoid dropping out of vtec. You won't be disappointed.
Track car is getting mapped on Monday and then going Cadwell on Tuesday, can't wait to try it out as I've never driven a mapped EP3 before.

Hi, my EP3, has DC sport manifold , Tegiwa 2.5 SS system + RBC inlet mani & 70 TB + Hondata mapped by Romain = 244bhp on Regal Auto sport rolling road.
So yes it is worth it, cheap power gain...

Back