• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K100 ECU - Idle rev fluctuations

McR

Ello, I haven't driven my Type R in a 2-3 months. It was mapped by EuroSpec, with a K100 ecu. Started it today and its rev-ing from about 1k - 2k like its hunting around. Is that just the ECU just trying to re-learn things. I haven't run it on the road yet, so my hope is that it will clear with a good run.

Thoughts / Comments?

Cheers guys

Sounds like the idle control valve to me fella, my ep3 does it if it's been sat idle for a couple of weeks. It may clear with a good run but it may need a clean out as the valve tends to get clogged up.

Quite common. ECU doesn’t hold its learnt values for a long period and it may take time for the ECU to relearn it’s idle parameters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you disconnect the battery at any point at all? ECU would be in a re-learn situation then. Once warmed and driving does it almost stall when you dip the clutch and come to a stop?

That's normal if it's not been run for a while, usually clears after a bit of a drive.

Did you disconnect the battery at any point at all? ECU would be in a re-learn situation then. Once warmed and driving does it almost stall when you dip the clutch and come to a stop?

I didnt battery was still good enough to start it. Car is away from home in a garage so I'll give it a good run next time I have access to it.

The K20 hates being sat, it does them absolutely no good. Make sure you drive it once every 2 weeks otherwise it makes the IACV sticky

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Echo what is said above., they don't like being stood still. Just go out for a 20+ min drive and it normally sorts itself out.

Back