• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K100 EP3 v S2000 - Power Out Put

McR

Hi there, new to Type R's so have some base questions.

The Honda S2000 has 237bhp or there about. My EP3 has the K100 and running 239bhps. Is the S2000 already tuned to that level or would an ECU upgrade on a S2000 take it further?

TIA

Hi there, new to Type R's so have some base questions.

The Honda S2000 has 237bhp or there about. My EP3 has the K100 and running 239bhps. Is the S2000 already tuned to that level or would an ECU upgrade on a S2000 take it further?

TIA
Can't tell you with graphs but my s2000 feels slower lower down then my mapped EP3, I imagine mapping would free up the lower end with some basic mods (manifold back etc).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

You really can't get much more out of an S2000. Most mods for them actually reduce power.

You really can't get much more out of an S2000. Most mods for them actually reduce power.

Ok thanks - and why does the EP3 get such a hike with an exhaust and ECU Replace / Map - 40bhps seems a lot for a NA car - is it what can be done with VETC in the map ?

To abstract 119 bhp per litre n/a out of a four cylinder engine was unbelievable, so as above getting anymore out is minimal.
I think the Hondata flashpro works on later models though for lower Vtec engagement and so on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok thanks - and why does the EP3 get such a hike with an exhaust and ECU Replace / Map - 40bhps seems a lot for a NA car - is it what can be done with VETC in the map ?

Because the exhaust manifold and other items are quite restrictive on the K20 in order to meet emissions regulations.

Back