• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K100/Kpro decat manifold 02 sensor?

Hi all probably been discussed before but when fitting a decat manifold do you need an 02 simulator to stop the engine check light coming on even if your having the car custom mapped?

Assuming you are getting it remapped to suit the new header the tuner will turn off the secondary O2 sensor monitoring and you therefore don't get an EML.

If you're replacing the manifold on an already mapped car and it had a cat on when originally mapped, then the mapper might not have turned off the secondary O2 sensor monitoring because it had a cat. Do you see what I'm saying? If that's happened then you will get the EML on, but the car needs remapping in this circumstance anyway.

Assuming you are getting it remapped to suit the new header the tuner will turn off the secondary O2 sensor monitoring and you therefore don't get an EML.

If you're replacing the manifold on an already mapped car and it had a cat on when originally mapped, then the mapper might not have turned off the secondary O2 sensor monitoring because it had a cat. Do you see what I'm saying? If that's happened then you will get the EML on, but the car needs remapping in this circumstance anyway.
Yes I get you :) it currently has a cat on a standard ecu, will be getting manifold and ecu fitted all at the same time just working out what parts I need to buy in advance! cheers

Back