• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K100/KPro - Trackdays and Noise Limit Tests

Apologies if this has been discussed, I did search but could not find anything.

Planning on getting a K100 remap soon and wondering how it will work with trackdays and noise limit tests. I believe at the moment, when stationary, my EP3 will only rev to 5,800 until it hits the limiter. There is no way to rev past this when stationary right? This is ok as for trackdays, they have only asked me to rev to 5,5k. However, I am led to believe that the K100/KPro will lower the limiter to 5k so I won't be able to get to the desired 5,5k that I need to.

How do other get around this?

It can be switched off altogether via the ECU and you can rev to 8600 at standstill if you wanted. Unsure how many features K100 has in comparison but with KPro you can set a limiter (launch control if you like) as low as you like. I've seen this limiter either being left on all the time or only active when the A/C button is pressed.

Keep in mind some tracks will do fly-by noise tests aswell so while you may pass stationary tests, you could fail fly-by depending on what system you have. Tracks are well aware of limiters and launch controls so they'll just ask you to do the fly-by if you can't rev high enough for the stationary.

Don't rely on ECU for passing noise tests, choose your breathing mods to cater to it.

Track days I've been on say to rev the car to 3/4 max revs or as high as you can (whichever is lower) taking into account rev limiters. I just revved mine to 5k and they were happy with that.

Back