• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K100 Question??

Now I have my bonus from work I am looking at getting K100.

What I was wondering is has anyone had this done with just Spoon B-Pipe and ITG Maxogen? Is it worth doing with just these mods as I wont be doing anymore engine mods.

Thanks,

Shaun.

Without a doubt. Take a look at how thin the standard mid pipe is where it joins the cat..... compared to your Spoon B pipe !

You won't gain a massive amount of peak power, but as said the power curve will be flatter with more power made earlier in the rev range, increasing drivability.

So how does that work then as I thought it can give 20-30 bhp mid range on a standard car so thats increase in power is it not :confused:

My bad it's supposed to say peak power.

I got a extra 20bhp top end, but the best improvements where lower down the range.

I'm also going the de-catted route just with a simple de-cat by Magnex or something like that. Would it be advantageous to do this with getting KPro / K100, what I mean is will I see improvement mid-range with a de-cat thats been mapped properly?

A decat on it's own makes no power. You'd need to have it mapped properly to see gains, and yes there would be a mid range improvement.

^^^^

I am getting it mapped bud by TDi North I'm getting K100 mapped to Spoon B-Pipe and ITG Maxogen and probably a De-Cat pipe. So with the said mods inc the De-Cat pipe would I see decent gains?

What do you think the De-Cat will give once mapped would I be right in thinking 5-7 bhp and bit of mid range or am I being ambitious there :lol:

It's hard to say what you'll get exactly, but you should get a decent chunk mid range and yeah maybe 5-7hp top end over and above your existing mods if the car was already mapped, but as a cumulative thing it's hard to say what gains you'll see exactly with all the mods all mapped up if that makes sense?

I'd say dont waste money on a decat, and save for a proper race header..... Much much more power released from those, once mapped.

Back