• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

k100 question

Okay well my friends going to buy an ep3 type r the guy says It has a k100 ecu...how could we check if this is correct without offending the seller lol as I am going with my friend to look at it... The seller says they have the receipt... But my friend is paranoid...... How about how the car drives is there anyway to tell by that? Any help appriciated

If it's been remapped the VTEC crossover will be lower than OEM.

The ECU is behind the glove box but the K100 is a daughter board that is installed in the OEM ECU, so you probably won't be able to tell without opening the ECU case.

Looks like we're gonna have to let it rip lol there's a aem cold air induction (front bumper) and a dc full exhaust system, what bhp would it be pushing now? Like 220ish?

If it's just a cat back, then around that if not more, but it depends on the rollers it was measured on. If it's the header as well then a fair bit more.

I'd be amazed if he didn't have a printout if he's still got the receipt for the K100.

Went to look at the car to find out its had 12 previous owners!!!! And is a cat-d... What a waste of time... Guy said he'll take 3k, told him forget it! Its a 2005 cosmic grey 1 had a printout of 230bhp, and all in all looked mint... But buying a cat-d with 12 previous owners is deffo a no go, no matter what. Was quick ***... Oh well

This sounds very much like the one i went to look at! Cosmic grey in Rotherham, South Yorkshire? Bumper had a few scuffs when i went to see it, but it was quite quick.
Stay away from it though, he didn't mention anything about it being a cat-d to me until i did a HPI which is never a good sign!

Last edited by a moderator:
Another way to tell if its got a K100/K Pro is to test the rev limit in neutral, if it's got hondata software then chances are its going to be hitting the limiter at 3.9/4K in neutral :) launch control!

Back