• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K100

I have been told my car has been fitted with a K100 mod. how would i find out if its been fitted to me car its a 2002 Civic. It sounds stupid but i dont even know where my ecu is:confused:

You will have something like this

4570110064_large.jpg

Or this:

images

Usually mounted in the space behind your glove box.

Unclip your glove box and drop it down and it should be staring you in the face. ;)

My k100 doesnt have the hondata sticker on, I had to open it up to check... theres a piggyback chipset with hondata printed on it.

I will have to have a look at it so is it like another chip on top of the one in there.

Exactamundo, a good indicator is if the factory seals have been broken on the ECU, if they havn't then its definately OEM.

It's ment to have been done a while ago and it had a custom exhaust on it which has been taken off but I spoke to cpl who are ment to have done it and they said if that's been taken off and gone back to oem it won't work but all the other bits are still on it that was dine by them.

Not necissarily the case, it depends whether or not the previous owner exchanged his ECU for K100, if he didn't then he could have put the OEM back on with no issues. I know this because I've done it myself.

If I've misunderstood and you meant the k100 won't work without the custom exhaust then that's not right either, it might run a little rich and make a few less ponies but won't do any harm.

No he said it's just not goin to run rite. I only found out it had this when I found a ad for the car from years ago with a list of mods and the only thing as far as I can see is missing is the exhaust and the k100 I will have to see if it's in there.

Yea it won't be perfect but not worth the money (£250+) for a retune if that's the only change IMO.

It's had a aem v2 on it I was goin to change the manifold decat and put a scorpion exhaust on it than get it re tuned but I just need to see if the ecu is still there.

I have had the ecu out and it has defo got a k100 in that's a good thing I just need a new exhaust now. So where is the best place to get one from.

Back