• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

k20 300whp

hi

i have a ctr ep3 stock, and now i want to increase the power up to 300hp all motor

wath i have to do to get this power

cheers

stroked, cam'd, breating mods might get you close. IIRC the highest break N/A k20 is in the 270bhp range... someone can probably tell you the guys name a link his car thread?

Easy way to get 300bhp is a charger but you said you wanted all motor...

The problem with getting high bhp from N/A is that you lose all driveability, it'll be a pig at idle and will have nothing low down - all peak power. Fairly pointless for a road car.

stroked, cam'd, breating mods might get you close. IIRC the highest break N/A k20 is in the 270bhp range... someone can probably tell you the guys name a link his car thread?

Easy way to get 300bhp is a charger but you said you wanted all motor...

The problem with getting high bhp from N/A is that you lose all driveability, it'll be a pig at idle and will have nothing low down - all peak power. Fairly pointless for a road car.

Not really, G is running over 300hp n/a on his EP3 and that's more driveable than a normal K20.

Not really, G is running over 300hp n/a on his EP3 and that's more driveable than a normal K20.

Orly? I stand corrected. I thought G was on the FI side of things but it's been a while since i looked at his thread.

I would have thought you'd need a k24 bottom end to keep the low end grunt you lose with the high lift/duration cams.

Talking of which, Nick pop over and take her out for a drive, it would be rude not to.

Orly? I stand corrected. I thought G was on the FI side of things but it's been a while since i looked at his thread.

I would have thought you'd need a k24 bottom end to keep the low end grunt you lose with the high lift/duration cams.

You have heard of Vtec right??

Even stage 4 race cams can idle and drive fine on the low speed lobes.

300WHP would be some 345BHP at the crank - I don't believe that can be done all motor in a 2.0l K20.

Seano

300WHP would be some 345BHP at the crank - I don't believe that can be done all motor in a 2.0l K20.

Seano

True. A K24 Frankenstien engine like G's as it has some very good parts, port matching and a very good map might be good for 320-330 at the crank eventually after it has loosened up a bit.

You would then be looking at forged internals or a serious stroker kit and some serious cams and valve gear to get it revving higher and you might see 340-350 but it would probably only run good on the top end. VTEC or not.

I reckon a 2.2 K20 with 90MM pistons and Darton sleeves would be able to do it just about. It wouldn't be cheap, but you would be able to rev the stones off it still as you wouldn't be playing with the stroke and getting impossible piston speeds. You would have one of the most powerful NA engines in terms of BHP per litre displacement ever.

If you have say 10K+ to spare, give Ian at Clockwise a ring and see if he is up for the challenge of making such a thing. Personally I wouldn't bother - for that kind of money you could 500BHP FI car thats really well sorted.

Seano

Buy an Evo.

yawn.... :p :). Then you have an excellent car yes, but with all the wings and bells and so on on the outside and everyone knows what you have. Not so stealthy. Whereas you could end up with a well sorted EP with good power that will still drive well and be a bit more stealthy. Erm you don't have to look try hard like me :getcoat:

Mine will rev to 9k, if we want it to. It was built with that in mind. We still have to do some work, but if you are staying NA, then the Frank build makes more sense than a stroked K20 I think. Both in terms of the added low down grunt. And I am fairly sure cost.

What piston speed will you achieve at 9000 RPM in a K24?

For sure its the cheaper, easier option - but a charger is far easier!

Seano

How about 400 hp at the wheels.... all motor?

k26 + these bad boys does the trick for a 9 second 1/4 mile.

K20_8620_1Lobe.jpg

Now you are getting really expensive, doesn't this configuration rely on Darton ductile cast iron sleeves to cope with the piston speed.

But we are drifing off the point, its interesting, but off topic - its how to make an all motor K20 give 300BHP at the wheels.

Seano

I think the piston speeds are about 18k if I recall. A few K higher than stock. That's why we over specced the rods and pistons. Either way it's pretty high due to the increased stroke of course.I m just happy mine makes great torque low down and good power that's very linear. Sounds great too.

Back