• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20 FTW: Rota Torques in gunmetal

There shouldn't be 2 changes. I dont know why he's got that lump of power on the high cam... :confused:

Why, there are 3 sets of lobs on the K20 camshaft.

Low, mid, and high. These change with the rev range and psotion of the throttle.

Dependent on temp, revs, speed and throttle postion is too when these change over. Obviously the remap allows you to chnage the timing of the these properties.

You can see the stages in mine also.

CTRattheflywheel.jpg

Do you mean this?

k20a2cams.jpg

2 low lobes, and 1 high. There is only 1 cam changeover on the K20 engine.

Are you getting confused with the VTC system ? (The i in iVTEC)

techkseriesvtc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean this?

k20a2cams.jpg

2 low lobes, and 1 high. There is only 1 cam changeover on the K20 engine.

Are you getting confused with the VTC system ? (The i in iVTEC)

:-k I was always under the impression that there were two points of change, the final more aggressive profile cam being the famous, 'kick'. Previous engine versions being the sole change. The iVTEC being a more gradual and fuel efficent system.

Also I seem to remember from my chats with Romain at ARTech him going on about adjusting the points of both stages.

Whats the cause of the two jumps then?

You have the i part in iVTEC which adjusts the inlet cam on the fly. This should be smooth though, it shouldn't cause another "jump". On your map it looks like the high cam just hits peak power and then starts to die off. Where as Nicks has a lump on the high cam... is strange..

I'm sure someone more technical will come and clear this up for us :)

I'm sure someone more technical will come and clear this up for us :)

Yeah :lol: ,

I dont understand to why there seems to be two blatent jumps in the power graph, one at 4750rpm, then the other at 6000rpm, cant be anything to do with when the driver goes WOT can it? As I would have though this would have been from lower down the rev range.

Its irrelevant to a point but interesting.

The lump shouldn't be there on the high cam.

Driver should have been WOT from like 1-2k RPM all the way till limiter.

If you find a used OEM or Quaife LSD for sale, let me know. Time is of the essence so I might have to skip it.

There is only one changeover. This is my graph from when I had KPro on my teg:

l.php

You can quite clearly see that there's only one VTEC engagement point, at 4500 rpm.

Quaife diff, Exedy stage 1 clutch and lightened flywheel all to be fitted on the 23rd :D

Also took a few pics today with Bush's JDM

JDM-091016-11.jpg

JDM-091016-10.jpg

JDM-091016-4.jpg

JDM-091016-8.jpg

JDM-091016-7.jpg

JDM-091016-9.jpg

I loaded up the standard map to remind myself of the difference and f*** me it pulls better with Unit 8's map. Just need to sort the clutch so the car pulls right up to the limiter.

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be the clutch hesitating for a second then gripping, I can feel it on the road.
can you explain what this is like a bit more kind of sounds like the issue im having on the scoob only when im giving it some beans i seem to lose power then it comes back again

The powerband goes right up to 8600RPM, but when it gets to around 7 I lose alot of torque but the engine is still revving. It still pulls but alot less than it should, you can tell something is up.

The powerband goes right up to 8600RPM, but when it gets to around 7 I lose alot of torque but the engine is still revving. It still pulls but alot less than it should, you can tell something is up.

im getting exactly the same....only it doesnt happen in every gear or every time ....you may have solved whats up with car mate :D

Back