• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20a Engine, Gearbox and K-Pro ECU... what are they worth?

and whats a good price to pay?

not sure if this is the right section sorry

just wondering what the tec parts of my TF are worth, the engine, 6 speed gearbox (both from a 04 Type R) and the K-Pro ecu... given the price of petrol and the fact that my ZR is fuel hungry i might sell up the V-TEC parts of my TF and convert it back to the Old Rover K series tea kettle :(

Engines with gearbox go for between £1k and £2k depending on condition, spec and mileage.

Have a look at complete listings on ebay, should give you an idea.

Hardly anyone on Ebay can mate! Do you know the Reg of the motor your K20 came from?
Then you could potentially get *** MOT history from the DVLA, which will give a good indication of mileage, which will install a little more confidence when selling!

sadly not, the engine came out a Civic a long long time ago and was in a MGF for some time, then eventually in my TF for probebly only a few miles given the state of what i've found :( i have a feeling it is going to be a massivly expensive exercise to fix... i'm just trying to figure out if conversion back to standard will be more expensive or not and if i can make a profit selling the K20a gear and still have my TF.... who knows

Worst case mate, unverified mileage K20A2, £750 for very quick sale! Gearbox, £400 again, very quick sale. Kpro £600-£700 as Shaenei said.
You should take quite easily £2k for it all, which should be plenty enough for a K series engine and running gear!

What other goodies (if any) are on there? Intakes? Manifold? etc? These again could be worth a good few hundred quid!

Back