• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20A Jdm Engine Help

Well I am very happy with my new car looks wise she is where she needs to be all the little bits sorted she is like new inside out. But lately I am starting to think about engine rebuild. What I am struggling with is when you rebuild the engine you need new bearings, new rods, new pistons , new headbolts, new headgasket and the usual oil pumps thermostats and stuff like that. Engine runs fine at the moment its healthy but however burns bit of oil when driven hard. I dont understand any of that stroke bore specs and I just want standard rebuild but with better stronger parts. and also want to know will my crank need any work done and engine block istelf? and like i said its jap engine so she revs up to 9k rpm I want to leave it like that but with stonger components. so what i am asking is what components to go with and where is best place to get them?

most of these engines do burn a bit of oil, shouldn't worry too much, save your money and just enjoy.

money is not the issue. I would sleep better if I knew that engine is new :) I know engine burn it even when they are new but still I want it to be best honda around

Why would you want to rebuild your engine if it's running absolutely fine?

100k is no problem for these engines and they do burn a bit of oil when driven hard but nothing to worry about, the one thing probably worth doing with it hitting 100k is have a new timing chain and tensioner fitted.

I have seen 400bhp K20's still running stock internals with solid reliability, but if you did go down the boosted route you probably would want to upgrade the internals for some forged parts.

Save your money and buy some nice performance upgrades instead :)

chain and new tensioner is in the plans alrite :) Would never go down turbo route on a Honda I have different type of love for it :) honda for me is a high reving engine and N/A all the way

Chain and tensioner, valve stem oil seals, oil rings, and run the engine in to suit your driving. No need for changing every single internal part of the engine.

Chain and tensioner, valve stem oil seals, oil rings, and run the engine in to suit your driving. No need for changing every single internal part of the engine.

It's basically a cylinder head rebuild. If you are going to do the stem seals you might as well replace everything whilst you are at it TBH.

Back