• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20a jdm internals

Hi
I need to know the differance between the standard K20a internals and the JDM K20a internals, mainly rods and pistons.
Thanks

I would have thought the internals are the same, only difference is in the fly wheel and Dif.
But dont quote me on that.

Cams are slightly more aggressive on the JDM.
Valves I believe are slightly stronger as well.

PS. UK CTR's have a K20A2, JDM's K20A :)

Hi Guys, all good info thanks. The main reason for asking is......i have just bought some JDM "K20A" pistons and rods, they are low mileage and like new and wanted to know what was differant to the K20a2. Sorry about the codes, i am still getting used to them after years of ford ans citroen codes. I have an EP3 K20A2 block and JDM K20A pistons and rods....just need a crank now. i believe the JDM pistons are slightly higher compression but not sure.

Your going to need a few other bits before it runs as it can though I would have thought, either a JDM ecu if your planning on getting all the other bits from the JDM engine or a re-mapable ecu, Kpro for instance so that it can all be mapped together, I dont think you can just put the JDM internals in and hope for gains.

:)

Far from it. i will be running the Omex710 that i run my saxo engine with so its not just a case of internals. You may have been following my other race engine mods thread, i have bought a good bare block, the JDM internals, new sump, oil pump, obviously i need more parts to make it run, but the engine running is the least of my worries at the moment.....got months of fbrication first. Still dont have a head(well obviously i do have a head! but not the type that will fit a car!) and have only one carbon fibre throttle body made so still some way off yet

Sorry mate, I thought you had just bought some pistons like!!:rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

:)

No problem matie, its all good fun and im relying on you guys to help with info as much as possible......no comments are un-welcome.

Yes thats correct. I was going to buy new rods and high comp pistons as a short while ago i only had a bare block, but the JDM parts came up in outstanding condition along with some other parts so i decided to get the project off and started i would use these first to learn more about the technical side of the engine before going for more than the desired 250+bhp.

Back