• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20a2 in a DC5

Hi guys

just bought a DC5 with a engine that's knackered. Planning to swap the cams over and put a K20a2 engine in. The car has a K100 in it mapped from TDi North.

Bar the engine, what else is likely to be needed.

Yeah I know the differences, just when it come to the install. Does it have the same engine mounts, does it need any additional sensors etc?

basically the outside off the engine is the same bud just internals are different, the only other difference is you'll be running power steering pump, ep3's I believe are electric, what's up with the dc5 motor?

DC5 has hydraulic so needs a different pulley I believe.

It wouldn't be wise to run an K20A2 on a K20A ECU though. Are you getting the 'box as well? As they are also different.

Personally I wouldn't bother, second hand engines are a minefield, you could get something that's working perfectly, or you could get something that's got knackered bearings or drinks more than Gazza. Get the engine rebuilt, at least you then have a known starting point.

Interested to know roughly what you paid for the DC5?

Go for a rebuild. You're only bringing yourself down a road of hardship and a need for deep pockets.

You'll be much happier.

Back