• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K24 block with K20 head dyno printout

tp

Below is the graph of the TDi K24 engine block with K20 head and std cams.
Other mods are AEM longram, Toda header and Toda Catback.

Looks like nice power there, but seems the high revving has suffered from that or am I wrong?

Nice work though :twisted:

Peak power is 7500-ish from what I can make out. K20's peak power is at something like 7800rpm so that's not a great deal. Plus with all that extra torque the car will be much faster than a K20'd CTR when comparing 'in gear' acceleration times. 200lbs of torque as well. That's very fat for a high revving four pot IMO. That's roughly JRSC torque levels isn't it??

This is only early days too. Give another 12 months of progression and testing with this setup and I reckon it'll be THE N/A package to have. Lots of potential here. Looking forward to seeing the results

CTR said:
Peak power is 7500-ish from what I can make out. K20's peak power is at something like 7800rpm so that's not a great deal. Plus with all that extra torque the car will be much faster than a K20'd CTR when comparing 'in gear' acceleration times. 200lbs of torque as well. That's very fat for a high revving four pot IMO. That's roughly JRSC torque levels isn't it??

This is only early days too. Give another 12 months of progression and testing with this setup and I reckon it'll be THE N/A package to have. Lots of potential here. Looking forward to seeing the results

Indeed. The revs won't be able to go as high since the stroke is much longer, so the piston speeds will probably be faster at 7500 rpm then what our's is at 8500 rpm etc.

It's early days yet, and I know Paul will endevour to further increase the performance.

Good news for those pute NA entheusiasts though!

In comparison my 4psi JRSC'd car is putting out 169lbs of torque as measured on a Dynapak. 200 is pretty impressive. However IMHO the combination of just enough torque is what makes my car so balanced and drivable. Though if the peake torque comes in higher in the range then that could still maintain a decent level of drivability. If I read things correct. Where some of the larger powered current crop of FWD hatches fall down is perhaps to much torque. I would not want much more than 200.

I posted on the other forum some interesting results very early on claiming 9psi matching torque that Tart kindly picked up on. :roll:
We did get 250bhp and 220ft/lb torque :shock: but had to back it off as its not a realistic figure to post as a benchmark as we were running really aggressive ignition and higher octain fuel.

This car is going to be a monster.

TDi have already been developing this package with another kent based tuner for a long time with impressive results. That car was JRSC powered at 4psi. Paul at TDi North will be doing slightly different things with his setup to push the boundries a bit more.

Recon he will need Carlos fandango type tires to get traction and a parachute to stop though. :roll: :lol:

Impressive stuff, if you can get an engine for the right price it seems to be a better option than the supercharger and cams.

Friendy said:
Impressive stuff, if you can get an engine for the right price it seems to be a better option than the supercharger and cams.

Are you considering it now then fella?

Friendy said:

:roll: :roll: :roll: wonder if it cheaper............ includein labour????????

mr prawn said:
Friendy said:

:roll: :roll: :roll: wonder if it cheaper............ including labour????????

I reckon it would be cheaper to have 'built' engine done in the states and have it shipped over rather than having one built in England for you.

Back