• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K24 inlet manifold

Hey guys, i was jus wondering if the k24 inlet manifold would fit my DC5?? if it does has anyone fitted one and had results. Im lookin to increase torque rather than BHP but BHP would be nice to :) cheers guys

Why would you want to do this? I cant see it giving you any power.

The K24 is not a very powerful engine. It only becomes powerful when you put a K20A head & inlet manifold onto the K24 block.

X2, The bottom end of K24 and top end of K20 make a monster, but the top end of the K24 is pretty lilly livered as it's a comfy cruising type.

Ok then i wont be doin this then, have hered of people doing the k24 vtec build with the k20 head so just wondered if the k24 inlet was used. Thinkin the k24 being a 2.4ltr engine thought the inlet manifold would of been bigger as im guessing would need more air than a k20. This manifold looks similar to the RBC!!!!

Speak to TDI, they're pushing the RRC for better mid range and torque gains over the RBC which gives good high end BHP figures.

Think it's the different design brief on build really. K20 EP3 Mani & RBC are designed for balls out top end, where as the K24 is for plushy sales people on motorway cruises so all bottom end / mid range grunt.

Combination of the right bits of the two is wicked, but get the thought patterns mixed up and it'll be pants.
Be interesting to get a measurement of the plenums of the K24 manifold, just for curiosity though :D

Back