• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Keeno's project teg - SOLD :(

Well last week I started my project with a good clean using some new products. The process was as followed:
- Wash using elite car sare snow foam lance
- Clay using poor boys XL clay bar and meg quick detailer
- Wash again and dry
Then using the new kit (http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/werkstat-acrylic-kit-kits.html) I applied the following:
- Werkstat Prime Acrylic
- Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger
- Werkstat Acrylic Glos

I found the Werkstat stuff to work really well on the CW as did the poorboys clay bar as the panels now feel really smooth, here are the results:

clean27.jpg

clean1.jpg

clean9.jpg

clean10.jpg

clean8.jpg

So, back to today and I had the following on the agenda:

- Mesh the gap in the bumber to protect the radiator
- Re site fog light (currently in reverse light)
- Re-lacquer brembo calipers

I started with the re-siting of the fog light. It was currently in one of the revese lights and looked like this:

DSC00936.jpg

So, as the teg has 4 main brake lights (also one in the middle below spoiler) I decided to use the two inside brake lights as the fog lights. After testing the bulb I found out which one was the brakelight and spliced the wire:

DSC00937.jpg

I then connected the origional fog light wire to the brake light and also reconnected the origional reverse light:

DSC00939.jpg

DSC00941.jpg

Wires tidyed up
DSC00940.jpg

So this is the results.

Normal lights:
DSC00983.jpg

Revers lights:
DSC00984.jpg

Brake lights:
DSC00985.jpg

Newly situated fog lights:
DSC00986.jpg

This I feel looks much better J

Next I started on the mesh. First I had to remove the front bumper which was actually quite easy and only took about 20 mins:

DSC00946.jpg

I used some mesh brought from halfrauds and attached it using cable ties:

DSC00949.jpg

As I had some left over I also decided to re-do the brake inlets so as to match up the mesh (old mesh on right, new on left):

DSC00947.jpg

Pleased with the result J

DSC00950.jpg

Finally it was on to re-laquering the calipers. Products needed were Motip high Tempreture Clear Laquer, Brake cleaner and wet and dry sand paper.

DSC00952.jpg

After removing the wheels I found the calipers looking a nice shade of pink!

DSC00953.jpg

DSC00971.jpg

Last week I touched up a few chips on the calipers using hammerite smooth red in preperation for today. I started today by cleaning the calipers with the brake cleaner and also with some wheel cleaner. I thin chipped away as much of the old laquer as I could with my finger nail. I then wet sanded using the 800 sheet being carfull not to sand too hard as the paint isnt that thick, also bein careful not to sand the brembo logo. After all was clean and dry I made sure the surrounding area was covered:

DSC00954.jpg

I then applied 4 coats of the laquer with 15-20mins between each coat. I then used a hairdryer on each caliper for about 10 mins just to help it dry.

The reults came out really well J

DSC00967.jpg

DSC00979.jpg

DSC00988.jpg

Now that these bits are done, thinking next on the list may be some new lug nuts and a possible wheel refurb J

Last edited by a moderator:
Epic Keen's. Project mint will be a good'un. Calipers look spot on and I love the fact you changed the mesh where the front fogs are :)

I'm liking the attention to detail, keen to see what is coming next :cool:

Looking good buddy. I've done most of these mods also. Need to do my callipers too. Did you get it all done in a day?

Looking good buddy. I've done most of these mods also. Need to do my callipers too. Did you get it all done in a day?

I sorted out which wires were what on Fri evening but apart from that I did it all in one day, starting at 9 and finishing at 8 :S, although I did get distracted by the F1 qualifying. I also did one caliper at a time, if I had 2 trolly jacks i would've jacked both sides up onto axel stands and done them both at the same time.

At the moment im just looking to get the car in mint condition so next might be wheel refurb and possibly getting it undersealed as im not sure this has been done

possibly getting it undersealed as im not sure this has been done

:eek:

Get this done ASAP if it hasn't been done. I would also be phoning up that dealer you got it from asking why it hasn't been done!

The guys at Autotest today commented on how thorough my underseal was :smt047.

Good write up mate, liking the mesh job too, this has been on my list for a while too.

:eek:

Get this done ASAP if it hasn't been done. I would also be phoning up that dealer you got it from asking why it hasn't been done!

The guys at Autotest today commented on how thorough my underseal was :smt047.

How can you tell if its been done?

The dealer I bought it from got it from someone who traded it in for an evo. It was dickensons of perth who imported it in Dec 07, would they have done it?
I cant find any docs to say it has been done so may see if I can give them a ring or contact the previous owner.

How can you tell if its been done?

The dealer I bought it from got it from someone who traded it in for an evo. It was dickensons of perth who imported it in Dec 07, would they have done it?
I cant find any docs to say it has been done so may see if I can give them a ring or contact the previous owner.

Mines from Dickson's and has been done.

Take some pictures of the bottom of the car and post them up. I 'll soon tell you if it's been done.

Failing that, if you're coming to the Norfolk meet on Sunday (you know it makes sense) we'll have a nose underneath.

TBH, You're probably ok atm as summer is coming, but if you haven't had it done, I'd think about getting it done before winter as the salt will be killer.

I'm don't think your car will pass MOT with your fog setup like that. Mine didn't because when you have the fog on and brake all the rear red lights are the same colour, no difference for following cars. i had to fit a (removable) unit under the bumper.

You maybe lucky with your tester but i thought you'd appreciate the heads up.

The rest of your jobs looks spot once, keep it up :)

I'm don't think your car will pass MOT with your fog setup like that. Mine didn't because when you have the fog on and brake all the rear red lights are the same colour, no difference for following cars. i had to fit a (removable) unit under the bumper.

Mine passed the MOT and it's the same. :)

The fog light will only fail if it's not bright enough/doesn't work.

I would be asking for money back if they failed yours for that!

was at Honda, think it was an excuse to get the car back in for more perving ;) i didn't pay anymore for the retest.

Mines from Dickson's and has been done.

Take some pictures of the bottom of the car and post them up. I 'll soon tell you if it's been done.

Failing that, if you're coming to the Norfolk meet on Sunday (you know it makes sense) we'll have a nose underneath.

TBH, You're probably ok atm as summer is coming, but if you haven't had it done, I'd think about getting it done before winter as the salt will be killer.

DSC00992.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I did think of this but when looking at my brothers fiesta st, the fog light looked the same brightness as the brakelights. If needed though, ive got everything connected via terminals so its easily re-connected

Back