• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Key fob/central locking/immobiliser issue. Please help

I hope this is the right section to post this in.

The problem started about an hour ago. I went to unlock the car with the key-fob and it wasn't working (worked fine earlier in the day). So I unlocked the door with the key. Once in, I put the key into the ignition and turned it to the on position. This is where the lights on the dash would come on and the green key light would be on indicating that the indented button on the key fob needs to be pressed to disarm the immobiliser then start the car.

However this time, when I turned the key to the on position only a few lights came on. Not like how it usually does, the green key light didn't come on either. I pressed the indented button on the key fob and then tried to start the car. Nothing happened. I tried this a few times but still nothing happened. I realised that the red LED light on the dash wasn't flashing. After a few more times of trying, I went outside the car closed the door and checked everything else was closed properly and I tried the key fob again. Tried to lock the car. It didn't work so I locked the door with the key. Unlocked it again with key and done the same thing over and over a few times hoping it would suddenly work. I also realised that the passenger door wasn't opening at all, whether the little thing on the door was up/down. after a few more moments of frustration and trying I gave up, locked the car with the key and went back home.

I've opened both key fobs to see what batteries are in there and I will replace them tomorrow. I'm not sure if that is the solution. If anyone reads this and has any advice that they can share with me I will be really grateful. I need my car everyday and need to have this problem sorted as soon as possible.

Sorry about out the long post

Forgot to add something.
A few hours earlier when I got home and turned the car off a continuous beep sound came on. The sound stopped when I closed the door. Today was the first time I heard this sound. What does it mean?

The cars battery was faulty. I just randomly decided to try a different battery on the car. Had one in stock in the garage I work in. Put a new one in and everything in the car came on. So relieved now

Back