• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Keys inside car!! No spare!!

I unlocked my ep3 with remote. Opened boot. Put keys on top inside. Put luggage in the car.
Closed boot. Saw keys. Boots locked. Car locked.

Im fuc*ked.

What can i do? How strong is the rear window?

Honda are trying to find solution to get blank key cut but no luck yet.

Will it be cheaper to just smash rear window and get keys?

Smash wing mirror glass - there is a spare key blade under there that you can use to get in doors although it won't start the engine.

I forget whether it's in the NS or OS wing mirror so if it's not under the first one try the other.

^This is a lie. :lol:

Ring an auto locksmith and try not do it again. Have you not got a spare?

Greenflag et all can sort this.

You probably have cover via a bank account either with RAC or Greenflag.

That is assuming you are not an illiterate pikey peasant.

Don't you get a spare under the drivers seat in the hidden compartment with the ltd edition pen too?

Don't you get a spare under the drivers seat in the hidden compartment with the ltd edition pen too?

Thing is, the car is locked...

I can sympathise with this situation. I did it with my KA whilst on a campsite in Newquay. Spare keys were a few hundred miles away at home.

The original plan was to get the windscreen taken out by Auto Windscreens and drive the 12 miles to Truro without the windscreen in, is the pouring rain, so they could re-fit it in the dry in their garage and put it through as a windscreen claim on the insurance.

While waiting for Auto Windscreens to arrive at the campsite entrance I managed to flag down an AA van and the chap did it for £30 cash with some airbags to prise the top of the door open enough to fit a thin metal rod with a hook on the end to open the driver's door from the inside. Luckily for me the KA didn't have deadlocks.

Unfortunately for the OP the EP3 does have deadlocks, so that method won't work.

Brick to the passenger window was talked about at the time...

I've been close to doing this quite a lot, luckily it hasn't happened to me yet, or I'd be screwed as my spares are still at my ex's.

loooooooooooooooool honestly?

I dont blame anyone for poor advice, all the people i rang up for some solutions (who seemed to know alot more about the subject) were absolutely useless telling me that i would have to wait days for a solution, i wasnt having it, so i tried figuring solution out myself.

I forgot.. I even post this up, this is what i did straight after i panicked and posted on this forum!

1)Rang AA - they said they will be over in 30minutes
2)Rang Honda (took 5-10 mins to give me my key code over the phone)
3) Rang local locksmith to cut key from code for £20, i asked if he would drop it off to my house for an extra £10 on the side which he happily accepted.

the locksmith came 20 MINUTES LATER WITH MY KEY WHAT A LEGEND!

Door opened, i paid him £30 got my keys, unlocked immobiliser and good to go.

£30 for spare key (which only opens door) was not a bad price what the situation i was in before!!

So situation was resolved within 30minutes, just as the AA guy arrived, i told him he was no longer needed.

All thattrouble because I left my keys in the car like a retard. ..oh and after that i had a 60mile drive,im pleased to say i absolutely shagged the living daylights out of my ep3!

Back