• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Klarius Exhaust Parts

Morning all

I trust today finds you well.....

My exhaust has been blowing for a while so I have been researching what sort of cat back system to get that would not create loads of noise but at the same time would not make the car feel like it was breathing through a Capri sun straw.

However last night I was driving home and the rear section became detached from the mid section. Nice! As I need my car for work this week and am going to be doing 400+ miles I am bit screwed in terms of shopping around or waiting for parts to be delivered. EuroCarParts do a centre section and rear for £95 (which seems very cheap to me) by a company called klarius. Has anyone had any experience of this brand or know anything about the quality of them? Or have any ideas of where I could quickly get hold of an oem cat back for not crazy money?

Thanks in advance for any help

Cheers

Jim

Never heard of them. Try calling a few local scrap yards or breakers, should imagine there are a few broken EP's knocking about up north.

Hi Mate

Sorry for the very late reply and thanks for the suggestion (I hadn’t thought of that). Because of time I wasn’t able to get one from a breaker so ended up going for the Klarius one from Euro car Parts.

Looks-wise it is the same as the original part and so far seems to be absolutely fine. I certainly wasn’t expecting to see or feel any improvement on the original part but was concerned that it would be a downgrade in some way.

Not sure if it is a coincidence (I think it must be) but since fitting this exhaust I have got the best miles out of a single tank in all the 160,000 miles I have done in my EP3. I managed to get 365 miles and the light had only just come on. Previously the best I had ever got was 330, and that was with the petrol light on for a good while and a few goes of, “I’m sure the next petrol station will be a Shell”.

If someone is after a standard look EP3 exhaust for good money, this seems to do the job. Time will tell how long it lasts!

Back