• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Kn induction kit

57i kit? Not much kop to be honest. It sits next to the exhaust manifold so pulls in lots of hot air.

You would be better off getting a K&N panel filter and smoothing out the OEM airbox. If you do that and replace the resonator box with a cold air feed like the Tegiwa scoop, it performs quite well.

Has smoothing out your Airbox made any difference loxy? Also I will get round to picking my Dremel up at some point.

Has smoothing out your Airbox made any difference loxy? Also I will get round to picking my Dremel up at some point.

Aye anytime bud, just let me know and I'll meet up.

To be honest I've not tried the airbox yet, it's still sat on the top shelf of my wardrobe! When Paul's got a quiet week on and I've got some days off work I'll be over to test it out.

57i kit? Not much kop to be honest. It sits next to the exhaust manifold so pulls in lots of hot air.

You would be better off getting a K&N panel filter and smoothing out the OEM airbox. If you do that and replace the resonator box with a cold air feed like the Tegiwa scoop, it performs quite well.

It's a typhoon kit av got,the guy in the shop said it is the best on the market,r these things easy tae fit?,p.s thanks for the info

There's definitely not a straight fitting K&N Typhoon kit for an FN Civic, only an Apollo when it comes to K&N. There are AEM Intakes available (short-ram) like a Typhoon but to be honest it will only give you a loud noise in VTEC, you probably won't notice a performance increase in all honesty as the filter sits in the engine bay and it will draw in warm/hot air plus it's a tight squeeze with it being for a US Si. We can offer an AEM, as well as a "long-ram" AEM CAI kit but this will require battery relocation as again, it's for a US Si model but will offer a better gain than a short ram kit of any sort.

Simon.

Back