• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

KN Typhoon + Magnex cat back?

Hi, I've just bought EP3 with KN typhoon and magnex cat back exhaust are they any good combination?

Thanks!

Magnex not bad, not the best but perfectly OK.

Typhoon, no. Take it off and bin it immediately. You will make more power with the standard airbox.

The Typhoon just drags in a load of hot air from the engine bay as it sits next to the exhaust manifold, over the gearbox and next to the rocker cover.

So just put the standard one or get a better induction. I aint got standard airbox right now lol.

If im gonna get a decent induction what do you recommend? Is Injen Cai pretty good? Air cold feed on the bumper?

Will it be ok to use the typhoon while I'm looking for another induction?

Thanks.

Yeah, it'll be fine to use the Typhoon. It will just be dulling down the throttle response and power as the ECU compensates for the hot air.

AEM CAI is a very good intake. Either the AEM CAI or a GruppeM/TegiwaM if one comes up second hand.

If im gonna get a decent induction what do you recommend? Is Injen Cai pretty good? Air cold feed on the bumper?Will it be ok to use the typhoon while I'm looking for another induction?Thanks.
The Injen is pretty much the same as the AEM CAI so will be fine. It might be worth checking the diameter though, I think there are two sizes to suit the US throttle body.

Back