• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Knite Force NL 2004 Honda Civic Type R EP3

Hey guys,

New car, new page. The moment I'll start working on the EE9 again I'll start updating that page

Last year I bought a 2002 Satin Silver pre-facelift EP3. Car made a stunning 252HP, mainly thanks to the RBC, K-Pro and the complete exhaust that was under the car. The car used to belong to someone I know so I knew it was well taken care of. It was in an immaculate condition technically, inside and outside. After having loads of fun with it last summer I put it away in my garage to upgrade the handling even more during the winter.

But then, a rare opportunity occurred. A 2004 Cosmic Grey Pearl with very little km's on it (just 95.000!) in stunning condition. Facelift, with A/C and OEM Xenon (very rare options here in Holland, especially together!) and completely stock apart from a Comptech Icebox and a HKS Hi-Power muffler. So I bought that car, and now " all" I have to do is get all the "fun-parts" from my first EP3 onto the other.

But, this is what you all want: the pictures

Pics I took as it still belonged to the previous owner.

Current setup CTR:

2004 Cosmic Grey Pearl Facelift Civic Type R
95.000km
Engine:
K20A2
RRC intake manifold
70mm Blox throttle body portmatched
K-Tuned adapter-plate
K-tuned pully
K-tuned fuelrail
Gruppe M intake
DC Sports race-header
HKS Hi-Power catback converted to 3” by Lex Creations
Hondata K-Pro’d
Drivetrain:
Stock gearbox with M-Factory LSD with Stage 1 race-upgrade.
Short shifterbox
Competition Clutch Stage 4 clutch
Competition Clutch flywheel

Suspension:
KW variant 2 coilovers
Every possible part sandblasted and powdercoated
Fully polybushed
Innovative engine mounts
Ingalls front camber bolts
Ingalls rear camberkit
Genuine ASR brace
Genuine Beaks tie-bar
Whiteline rear sway bar with Whiteline droplinks
New OEM droplinks front
Steeringrack raiser
New OEM knuckles with OEM bearings and J’s Racing roll center adjusters
J’s Racing front upper strutbrace
J’s Racing rear upper strutbrace
J’s racing floor-bar
J’s racing C-pillar-bar
FRSU
Wheels, tires and brakes:
OZ SuperLeggera with Toyo Proxes R888
OEM EP3 wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE050
Front: Hi-Spec 4-piston calipers, DS 2500 pads
Rear: OEM calipers, DS 2500 pads
Custom full stainless steel Goodridge brakelines
Foglights deleted and replaced by ducts for brake-cooling.
Interior:
Completely stock facelift interior
Rear seats with headrests
EK9 Recaro’s (to be fitted)
Exterior:
Completely stock apart from kevlar bonnet
New front and rear badges & logo’s, all OEM Honda parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice. I've got a soft spot for a tidy Cosmic Grey.

d0a0569ab9835bf8ec40103e0cc8095d.jpg
7afe445baa97b45d55345067bf965e0d.jpg
f06707f115ba9279af3cfb7ee1944a8f.jpg
31c9eea6d348aadc5cc9f7428d21338a.jpg
f31dcaefd1806d3f0b44d636f2a315d4.jpg

Need to update the first post again...

Thanks gents. Swapped the DC Sports header yesterday for a Toda race header, wich was converted to 3". Need to get it retuned now.

Last friday we swapped the KW V2's for the KW Competitions. Had the car re-aligned and can't wait to get to the Nürburgring to see how it handles

9d54464b758dc2a3bdf171fb92857f3a.jpg
c5d1ea8f0eda31b291b4a6c4256d1b2a.jpg

22814a3b8f64dd3b0c98bce36e982af3.jpg

Pretty curious how this will sound...

Also fitted a new Competition Clutch stage 4 clutch and Ultralite flywheel during the winter, and changed the FD and 6th gear...

Haven't driven it since last october

2.2's. They should do pretty well on a stock engine I guess.

Good choice. Have the same ones and they worked out very wel for me (stockish K20a2 with bolt ons). Fairly wide powerband and enough grunt up top. Are you claying the engine? If you want to know how they sound check my instagram (ctr-asch).
Keep us updated. I 'm considering itbs and it would be interesting to see the results.

Claying the engine? Never heard of that mate

I kinda know how they sound, my mate has them in his (now Supercharged) K24 Time Attack car. They sound MAD, to be precise

Good choice. Have the same ones and they worked out very wel for me (stockish K20a2 with bolt ons). Fairly wide powerband and enough grunt up top. Are you claying the engine? If you want to know how they sound check my instagram (ctr-asch).
Keep us updated. I 'm considering itbs and it would be interesting to see the results.

What was your full setup, and what numbers did you reach?

Back