• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Knob Extension

Alright people,

I recently purchased the short shift kit mod from Tegiwa Imports (still waiting on delivery after a month since purchase) which i will be fitting soon. I recently noticed a Gear Stick Extension Mod on Fleabay that raises the gear stick closer to the steering wheel by about 3 inches, i know size doesn't matter, or so im told, but has anyone fitted this and saw any benefits?

£20 seems a bit steep for what it is, i'll more than likely get my brother to make me one for free.

Dave

So you're fitting a short shift kit to reduce the throw and then extend the the stick which will increase the throw?... :freak:

Thats one of the reasons I was asking Neilly, it does seem a bit silly i guess.
Looks like i'll be passing on this one then.
I need to look into getting the bushings to reduce the horizontal throw next.

I used one for a bit when my shoulder was playing up - at that time I was wondering whether it was the gearstick position that was giving me shoulder pain.

Thankfully it wasn't, so I took it off and it's in the shed somewhere.

Looked daft, and made the gear change horrible.

I went the other way in the end and put on a Skunk knob without the nut underneath. Still just as secure but lowered the position a fair bit, and as such is now awesome.

The buddyclub short shifter i have on the Teg is a great mod - I would advise anyone to get a short shifter.q

Ok let me get this right, You have been waiting on a Tegiwa short shifter for over a month and are considering buy an item from them again..... ?

madness

Billy The Kid was less of a cowboy than these guys

Ive got the short shifter with the aluminium bushes and a skunk 2 heavy weight gear knob, gear change is perfect imo.

Ok let me get this right, You have been waiting on a Tegiwa short shifter for over a month and are considering buy an item from them again..... ?

madness

Billy The Kid was less of a cowboy than these guys

Id probably get one made, i cant justify the cost (£20) for what it is, i probably pay someone £10 if couldnt get it done for free, times are hard you know.
The short shifter has just turned up (after 40 days).

Back