• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Knock sensor part number help

My engine management light has been popping on and off for the last few weeks. My fault code reader says "P0325 knock sensor 1 circuit bank 1 or single sensor". I need to get a new sensor but I can find 3 different part numbers and I need a bit of help making sure I get the correct one.

My local Honda dealer said it's "30530-PRA-01" which they want £116.62 for. On ebay there are a lot of "30530-PRC-003" for a more palatable £15. One website is also listing a "genuine" sensor with part number "30530-PRB-A01-A" for around £80.

They all look the same and from what I understand about knock sensors are likely to be the same. Does anybody know what the deal is with the £15 ones and will it work OK?

Thanks.

Part codes used across the different versions of the K20 engine.

It's not always as clear as this but RRC is common with the FD2. RBC is from the EuroR CL7 variant, PRC is the DC5 etc. There are some random crossovers though.

I got one of the £15 ones from eBay part number 30530-PRC-003. It's been in a while now and seems to have fixed my EML.

Thanks. That was one of the ones I found when looking originally but the aftermarket one from ebay seems to be doing the job.

Back