• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

knocking noise from front left

i have a knocking noise from front left side of car, it start knocking over bumps in road and you can also hear it knocking when doing clutch control on a hill.
the droplinks, track rod ends, driveshaft and cv boot was all changed 3 months ago for mot and have been checked but yet the knocking noise still persists.
its driving me mad.

can anyone please help and stop me for pulling out what little hair i have left.

Exactly what MikeCTR said, I had this weird noise on mine once, turned out to be the lower front engine mount! i never believed it but had it changed and bobs your uncial! lol

mine also started knocking over small bumps in road left hand side in garage just now !! fine over speed bumps just over small pot holes

Mine has also started knocking from the front left at first i thought it was in the back but tonight i was going over some speed bumps and it definitely sounded like it was coming from the front left going to take it into the garage tomorrow and get them to have a look at it along with the rear brakes :-/

Right finally got mine in the garage today and my knocking was the drop link so I've ordered a new one and should hopefully get it fitted next week :)

Check your top mount bolts, also check the bolt in the centre (under the damper adjuster if you have after market coilies) sometimes that causes a little movement in the spring

I have exactly the same problem.When i driving on bumpy roads sound knocking on the front left side.
before 3 months i repleaced the oem drop links with aftermarket (fai auto parts) tie rod ends,(555)ball joint,(555) bush frond compliance,(oem) bush front lower arm (oem).

Back