• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Knocking Noise over Potholes or humps

So would that be my knocking noise? I basicly feel it on bumpy roads not that much on humps more like uneven roads if it makes any sense and almost forgt potholes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

without investigating on the car itself it would be hard to pin point over the net but I've read its common. But so are drop links and top mounts so i would have them all checked

I've checked all the stuff that it could think off thats why im pretty sure its the steering rack. Waitin on pay day until ill replace but going to have to get someone to look at it properly to make sure cheers for all the Help Loxy/Spike

Plus it couldn't be the top mounts as i feel the knocking on the left footrest by the clutch pedal but again thank you guys so much!!!!

Knocking noises can be pretty decieving & transmit through the vehicle
Just get the shockers checked , where the piston goes into the damper

On the shocks i've check for leaks and the top mounts but will double check you wouldn't have a pic??? Yeah guys will keep you updated thanks again

On above pic, item pic 6/7 where the piston goes into the damper
We change loads of shockers due to this fault

Thanks Jizzy will keep you guys posted looking to get springs on the car and was also thinking of doing the arbs all round since the car has done 100k

What at would you look for just to clarify, I looked at mine due to similar symptoms but mine sounds like it's the passenger front wheel.

When the car is up in the air there no signs of leaks or damage, but there is a very small amount of play when at full extension with all the weight hanging.

On above pic, item pic 6/7 where the piston goes into the damper
We change loads of shockers due to this fault

Have had the same but it turned and it was the front engine mount then I got it motd and the front track rod end had play in it but I passed so it's booked in now for both

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Back