• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Knocking noise !

Got a knock /clunk on front end of my 03 ctr when I drive over speed bumps/gullies . I've changed bothe bushes drop links bottom ball joints and track rod ends both springs and shocks look ok . Wondered if anyone had any ideas could it be anti roll bar or cv joints ? Any help would be greatly appreciated

I have exactly the same thing, after quick inspection im guessing it the lower plastic lip that hangs pretty low.

I have exactly the same thing, after quick inspection im guessing it the lower plastic lip that hangs pretty low.
Thanks mate but I'm sure it's machanical because you can feel it and it does it more on passenger side :-(

I've had this problem before, mechanic checked everything and not a single problem on them, then I decided to raise my car a bit as it was too low.

When I changed my springs the noise went. So I was thinking we got the same problem with the spring but I had lowering springs before I don't know about the OEM ones.

Could be anything.

Ball joint
Top mount
Damper itself
Mis-seated spring
Lca bushes
Arb bushes
Drop links
Engine/gbox mounts

Mine does this on the front sometimes. I get the knocking sound and feels like something is loose or rattling about or as you saying knocking. Totally standard car also.

Usual suspects for knocking when driving over rough areas are lower ball joints or ARB drop links.

Back