• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Kph to Mph and Hazzard

Hi ,
Very happy to say that I have just received my 2004 Integra from Japan (after 4 long months of waiting).
I have wired up the rear fog light and switch,
but I am not very sure what to do about the kph on the dial.

I know there are conversion chips but don't know how to connect or where to connect ,
and this still doesn't solve the kph on the dial.

Also need help with indicators / hazzards as they don't work, but they do flash when I lock / unlock my car with the remote key fob

Please help me if you can :confused:

Cheers and Thanks

Whereabouts in the world are you? There are a places around the country that can do the conversion. Normally on the clocks, they cover up the "k" so it reads "m/h".

Have you checked the fuses and relays for the indicators? Seems counter intuitive but stranger things have happened. The alarm having it's own hazard fuse for one.

Thanks for reply ,
I am in Edinburgh area ,
That's good to know that they just cover up the K on the clocks.
I just need to locate where to fit the chip convertor .

Hazzard / Indicator is now my main problem , I have checked the fuses in the engine and under the steering wheel, No problems were found.
I checked one relay under the steering wheel (swapped it with a good one) and still no joy

Cheers

Might be a bit of a jaunt but Andy from 200BHP will know where can sort your speedo, with him being an importer. He's from the North East.

Any chance it is a dodgy indicator stalk? I'm assuming your relay isn't clicking?
When your lights flash on the alarm, you haven't got any bulbs out?

I have checked the bulbs when setting the alarm and they are all good,
your right about the relay not clicking also the green arrows on the dash don't light up.(but they do when setting the alarm)
Maybe it is the switch , any idea on how to test this ??

Cheers

Multi meter to the relay would be your best bet, see if it's making the circuit. You'd think the hazards would still work though which points to a fuse or relay.

Goes round in circles...

Try jm-imports.co.uk in Newcastle they will chip the speedo for you around £120

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check your hazard light switch. I was doing my radio yesterday and forgot a part, turns out the indictors don't work without the hazard button connected. Might be worth a check!

Hi ,
Thanks for all your help,

Just to let you know that it was the Hazzard switch that had disconnected.

I also put a sticker on the dash to change the kmph to mph , (just used my printer and glue)

My bad ass has now passed MOT and waiting for DVLA to register .

Your question about which company I used ....
None ... Done it myself .. Was a big risk , but luckily it worked out perfect for me....

Got It After 4 Long months of waiting !!!!

Back