• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Kpro\k100 worth it?

I'm thinking of getting a kpro or k100 to map my ep3 I have supporting mods

Exhaust
Header
Inlet (not fitted)
CAI
70 ml TB(not fitted)

My question is

will a remap make a big difference over standard ?

Can anyone who's had their k20 mapped comment on the difference over standard ?

Massive difference in the mid range and the car will generally just feel more urgent. VTEC crossover is lowered, so you don't have to rev it as hard but you are still rewarded when you do.

Since you've got a header and I assume that also means decat, it will sort your fuelling out, the car will run much beter for it and you'll release the gains the decat should have given you.

Go for k100 unless you plan on doing datalogging, which few people do.

It's definitely worth it. I haven't had a k100 remap yet but booking in this summer. I have drove recently a civic type r ep3 (simon's on the forum) and the difference between his and mine was unreal. It does feel much quicker and the mid range power / torque is increased dramatically. Plus like Loxy says you don't have to thrash it as much to get the vtec kicking in.

Back