• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

KPro + Turbo DIY

Hi,

Firstly, awesome site! :) Been very helpful that search box with a few issues i've had recently.

Im from Ayrshire in Scotland, and been looking for somewhere up this way that will remap my 2004 EP3. Still to my illusion, this does not exist as far as i can find. Appears to be a lot of old posts with answers saying a basic "No"...wondering now after years whether or not there are any up this way now, or Glasgow, Edinburgh area etc...

Following on from this, Seriously considering purchasing seperate parts for a turbo install on the car. More of a project kind of thing :)

Had a look over this forum, and many others...it appears the majority seem to go for Garrett or Borg Warner, along with a lot of other people going for the EMUSA kits (formerly an ebay trading company and still do kind-of).

Now i know, EBAY...really?!! Gaskets, bov and turbo would probably need to be swapped out etc...if for example I didn't want to go down a kit route, has anyone any more further information of what turbo would suit a street-able turbo setup...max I would want from the car would be 450BHP, preferably quick spool, minimum lag as possible. Considering Traction control tweak for the KPro also to stop too much over-spin from the front wheels etc..

This whole setup, would be buy as i go, as i don't have the sort of cash required for some of the big named installers etc...buying piece by piece each month by hammering into the overtime etc...whilst balancing my other bills :)

Apologies for the rant and question after question...

Cheerssssssssssie :D

Triple H in Irvine will map your car and he is ment to be realy good with hondas, theres a few boys on civinfo that has used him and recommend him highly. also I would say performance HQ in dalgety bay in Fife also but you would need a kpro ecu first I think.
Haven't got a clue about your turbo questions lol.
Oh welcome aswell:)

You are some man! :D

Ahhh...will have to keep reading more and more on forums worldwide regarding turbo charging...really tempted by TDi North's kit...but £3k is a tad steep for me, would take me around 6-7 months to save for that alone :(

Ideally looking around the £1500-2k mark, individual parts etc...and i meant around the 370bhp mark. Meaning no need for internal changes to the block, I would hope :)

Cheers again for the info on Triple H in Irvine, will have a gander the now.

Send him an email buddy about your questions regarding the turbo, I'm sure he will point you in the right direction. He rebuild a k20/24 fd2 on civinfo now running 300bhp n/a its an absolute belter!! it just won best modified car at japfest this year aswell.

I just emailed him 2 minutes ago...cheers for the heads up about the forced induction information also, will send another email just now with regards to this :)

The only thing i'm concerned about (just a tad) is with that amount of power and with the K20 short gear ratios, it'll sound like the cars going to take off like a rocket haha

Although...sounds like a lot of fun...vtec and turbocharged all at once...i'm thinking perhaps life insurance will be needed or 4 foot wide tyres to keep me on the road :p

I'm sure theres a few boys on here with turbo ep3s, think theres a boy from falkirk aloa area with a turbo milano one on here aswell but dont think he has been on for a while, have you had a look through the build threats to give you some ideas?
Aye that would be good fun:p

Ive seen a few threads on here yeah, but vast majority of them are done via TDi-North down in England. I'm looking for more of a DIY way, just the information on the parts I need to fit the EP3. Hopefully Triple H Performance will get back to me with regards to my two emails i just sent :)

Have someone who would be able to deal with the stuff I didn't have a clue about, majority would be done by myself.

Will certainly try keep as active as possible on the forums, the guys up this way ever have meets?

Cheers again for the right direction for stuff :)

no worries, aye we are actually due one at the end of this or next month lol. Have a look at the future meet section its in there bud;)

Hi,

Firstly, awesome site! :) Been very helpful that search box with a few issues i've had recently.

Im from Ayrshire in Scotland, and been looking for somewhere up this way that will remap my 2004 EP3. Still to my illusion, this does not exist as far as i can find. Appears to be a lot of old posts with answers saying a basic "No"...wondering now after years whether or not there are any up this way now, or Glasgow, Edinburgh area etc...

Following on from this, Seriously considering purchasing seperate parts for a turbo install on the car. More of a project kind of thing :)

Had a look over this forum, and many others...it appears the majority seem to go for Garrett or Borg Warner, along with a lot of other people going for the EMUSA kits (formerly an ebay trading company and still do kind-of).

Now i know, EBAY...really?!! Gaskets, bov and turbo would probably need to be swapped out etc...if for example I didn't want to go down a kit route, has anyone any more further information of what turbo would suit a street-able turbo setup...max I would want from the car would be 450BHP, preferably quick spool, minimum lag as possible. Considering Traction control tweak for the KPro also to stop too much over-spin from the front wheels etc..

This whole setup, would be buy as i go, as i don't have the sort of cash required for some of the big named installers etc...buying piece by piece each month by hammering into the overtime etc...whilst balancing my other bills :)

Apologies for the rant and question after question...

Cheerssssssssssie :D

Hi there

Personally I would speak with John@Braveheart Developments,he is located at Edinburgh,he done turbo conversion for our EP3 and done lots of works on our EP3 like swirl pot setup,fuel return,braided lines etc.He is very knowledgeable and will help you with that without the questions,we can only recommend him.We are traveled from London to have work done by him,I know him from other forums and his work speak for himself.Mapping has been done by Russ Patton@Performance HQ

Now about the turbo kits etc.,we are went with RevHard turbo lug manifold and Precision turbo,custom FMIC,Turbosmart 38mm External wastegate,currently we are still running only wastegate pressure 0.5bar,no DV/BOV(turbo chatter is better),custom downpipe with screamer.

eBay kits are good from price point of view but that's it,those kits are not straight fit and still needs to be modified to fit,main issue is wastegate which is sh1t,BOV or DV are too sh1t,turbo is how to say,if its last not sure,they're never make power which you are expecting,Turbo lug manifold they're not straight and they needs to be modified at least to line up to the block and if its flow,hard to say

You have few choices,you can get better manifold from US,something like Sidewinder K20 manifold,Full Race,MAP Performance or FAB-WORX are best and proven on many cars,lug manifold can be used,but you will need take to account what turbo you want to run and if will be enough space for this turbo behind the block,with sidewinder you can run any turbo of any sizes

450bhp is doable,but depends on the size of the turbo,you need keep in mind,K20 will take some abuse,but how much power will take,hard to say,friend in US running 550WHP on standard engine for several months without the issue,now is at 220k miles,I would say 1.0 bar boost and you will be OK,for this power what are you thinking then I would go with GTX35R or GTX3076R and boost should be on safe side,lag dictate yours compression ratio and how much boost and what manifold etc,but if you will be running just 1 bar,maybe touch more on pretty large turbo,then you will be expecting will be bit more laggy like running same boost on smaller turbo,

Traction control tweak doesn't exist for K-PRO on EP3,because EP3 doesn't have traction control,wheel spin always will be associated with FWD cars,LSD can helps,but in wet doesn't expect miracles,in dry you can try get stickier tyres something like R888

If you need more information please let me know,I'm always happy to help and as above speak with John,he done conversion for us and he will suggest you parts which you will deffo need and which don't

Good luck with yours project

Thanks,Jura

Some good info there! I can also recommend Triple H, really good guys. Automek in East Kilbride are a fantastic garage too. If you want custom manifolds etc get in touch with Meerkat exhausts in Kilbirnie, their work is pretty special.

If you're looking to keep the price down, then keep an eye out on the for sale section here and on CTRO. People do break FI cars every now and then. Tom83 recently broke his utter monster of a turbo EP3, have a read through his thread, it's quite a story; http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/s...Psi-12-6s-119mph-Street-Tyres&highlight=turbo

Just thought I would add some info that a traction control module is available for the EP3 for those who have a Hondata.

http://www.hondata.com/traction_control.html

That's good news,when I've spoke with Hondata,they said,Traction Control is now only for FN/FD and maybe then they will be making this for EP3 and many others,but yes this should help with wheel spin on drag strip or day to day use,not sure,but good thing to have at least

Thanks,Jura

Back