• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Kpro V's Waranty and repair/diagnostics

i know having a kpro ecu fitted to my 04 ctr would most definatly void any engine waranty claims i made. but does the kpro unit still give out hondas own fault codes on the diagnostic side? if not can it be read by a normal EOBDII code reader? also has any 1 who has had a kpro unit fitted had any problems with it and what kind of a waranty do u get with 1? any feed back on this matter is much apretiated

thanks Rob.

VtecRob said:
i know having a kpro ecu fitted to my 04 ctr would most definatly void any engine waranty claims i made. but does the kpro unit still give out hondas own fault codes on the diagnostic side? if not can it be read by a normal EOBDII code reader? also has any 1 who has had a kpro unit fitted had any problems with it and what kind of a waranty do u get with 1? any feed back on this matter is much apretiated

thanks Rob.

Just load the standard map onto it if your worried.

- Kevin.

Just wanted to add my car went in for its second service recently and the guy that took it for a 'checkup drive' loved it. No problems what so ever, even got my passenger headlight replaced under warranty with no questions asked.

I always request I go out with them on these drives but it makes a nice change from being in the drivers seat.

- Kevin.

moNoKnoT said:
Just wanted to add my car went in for its second service recently and the guy that took it for a 'checkup drive' loved it. No problems what so ever, even got my passenger headlight replaced under warranty with no questions asked.

I always request I go out with them on these drives but it makes a nice change from being in the drivers seat.

- Kevin.

You load up the standard map for the service Kevin or did you leave your CPL map on there?

Chief said:
moNoKnoT said:

- Kevin.

You load up the standard map for the service Kevin or did you leave your CPL map on there?

I have every confidence in my map and its stays put :p

- Kevin.

VtecRob said:

thanks Rob.

Behaves just like the normal ecu, as long as you haven't got the 'disable OBDII' box ticked. Full diagnostics etc.

I believe that the only telltale sign (apart from the USB port) is that the ecu checksum doesn't match.

I've always loaded the standard map for the service so it VTEC's in the right place and makes it less obvious.

I've had warranty work done, but it was only a replacement headligh like monoknot's

The thing is putting the standard maps on is ok depending on how far you have gone with the mods really.

I would prefer to leave the tuned map on the car than put the standard one on as with the mods it may do more harm than good anyway.

My garage were impressed with mine and commented when my dad picked it up for me :lol:

Well the last time they had seen it was when I first got it, so it had changed quite a bit in the 1year :lol:

Carl

Yeah, I know what you mean. Mine literally goes back to the std map at 8am in the morning, 2miles to the dealers and back (plus their test drive), and dyno tuned map straight back on when I get it home.

After 17 Sept, my warranty will be finished so won't need to worry. Its got to go back to the standard map, and have the cat put back on for the first MOT then anyway :cry:

Might do an a/f ratio run with the std map on my LM-1 to see how it goes. It might lean out abit with the DCRH, but will probably only do about 20 miles with that map loaded on the day.

On the first service I had a Hondata reflash ecu, Mugen airbox and Spoon catback and the dealer didn't bat an eyelid :)

Back