• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

KPRO with Abbey Motorsport :shock:

SpaceMonkey

Midget Wannabe
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Lee,

K-pro are £600-00 + vat , plus £75-00 + vat to fit the board into your ECU this will take 1 week to do.

To map the system will take around 6 hours to map we are £100-00 + vat an hour on the dyno.

We could do this job in around 2 weeks time , but we would need your car for a week.

thanks

Mark Gillam
Director

By my calculations thats £1498!!!

Now I know Abbey's reputation is 2nd to none, but almost £400 over & above what System R would charge? :?

Thoughts anyone?

yep i gota price of £480 odd + vat for a brand new map with no copying, i reken it would be the best but maybe only buy a few bhp

Fair play to them if they can do a complete map from scratch in 6 hours... although I severly doubt it'll be a completely new map, more like a base one which they tweek. The map I'm using from TDi North has had days worth of dyno time, I'd hate to think what a map like this would cost from scratch! :shock:

I know G's car was mapped from Scratch by Abbey, and it is one of the smoothest mapped cars i've been in, Dan's reputation at Abbey as a mapper is 2nd to none from what i've heard 8)

I paid for 2 hours dyno time at CPL Racing to take a similar map and modify it to my car. I never had a problem with it and tbh, If I'd have paid for a full day's tuning I might have had a whole 2 more hp. I never had a problem with that and I'd always go down this route now.

I wouldnt bother with the full tune unless you've finished with your performance mods and you need every bit of power you can get.

- Kevin.

TBH I paid for mine all in with the JRSC, and as Nick has said it really is a good map. I am sure it would have started as a base map, as you do need a starting point. He then did spend a day adjusting it to suit my car, and it really is a great map. Pic of it is in the dyno thread.

Back