• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Kwik Fit

Evl

I thought that since the insurance is due the start of december I would get a head start on things. I went to the go compare . com site and entered the details, I wasn't expecting what came up

Kwik Fit insurance quoted £270 fully comp! :eek: :eek:

ok - just entered my g/f's details and it's jumped to £1,325!!!! :eek: how the heck can insurance companies justify it! just because she's 20!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Better believe it...The cheapest I could find for me is £960 (with Tesco) and I am 21 with 3 yrs of no claims. I would love someone to suggest somewhere that I havent been looking...

Better believe it...The cheapest I could find for me is £960 (with Tesco) and I am 21 with 3 yrs of no claims. I would love someone to suggest somewhere that I havent been looking...

My g/f is the same age as you, I just can't belive that there is such a difference in price.:mad:

My Insurance was £821 fully comp with Tesco im 23, 3 NCB. I couldnt get any insurance quote better than that:(

Lol, my car is completely standard luckily. I picked up my CTR yesterday and did my insurance this morning, turns out its £865 which I think is an absolute bargain compared to some of the others who were quoting me anything from £1500-£3000.

I had a 16 yr old Golf 1.9 Diesel for the past year and it cost me £800 to insure that so on comparison I find £865 for an absolute monster of a car cheap!..

Cheapest quote ive had up to now is £880 (ish) with Admiral, im 29 with no claims or convictions too. Most companies are still quoting me around £1000. :evil:

So after trying about a dozen companies so far, im still shopping around.

How the hell is your quote the same as mine and your 29 and im 21!!

I thought that too, but maybe living within Manchester may have something to do with it. :evil:

Cheapest price ive had so far is with 'Sky', theve managed to get it down to £741, with protected no claims. Thanks to ollie on here! :D

I thought that too, but maybe living within Manchester may have something to do with it. :evil:

Cheapest price ive had so far is with 'Sky', theve managed to get it down to £741, with protected no claims. Thanks to ollie on here! :D

Cheers buddy, the reason we were more expensive before is because we didn't apply the club member 20% discount, our apologies.

Regards

Ollie

Cheapest quote ive had up to now is £880 (ish) with Admiral, im 29 with no claims or convictions too. Most companies are still quoting me around £1000. :evil:

So after trying about a dozen companies so far, im still shopping around.

I got quoted less than that im 24 with 1 ncb and 3 points

Back