• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Kyle's 225.2BHP 172.3lbft Cosmic grey EP3

Hi! :smt039

just thought i'd introduce myself to the forum.

Names kyle i'm from Aberdeen and i've recently just purchased a EP3 and i'm delighted! :D
I'm keen to learn about the car as much as possible during my time on here, so please don't put face to palm if i ask a stupid question haha!

only got the one picture of my car just now but here she is!

IMG_4713_zps89a7fec4.jpg

05 plate with 44k on the clock so i'm happy :D

well just a brief thread to introduce myself and i'll have my project thread up soon enough :smt023

and just a couple of questions for just now ( Don't worry i do plan on using the search bar first after this thread haha)

recommendation on brake discs and brake lines? i've purchased new pads (ferodoo ds2500 ones), the set up would be for fast road use and the car getting modded, but not looking for a set up to expensive cause it won't do much track days, just the odd one now and then :)

and is there a sticky thread on here of recommended aftermarket parts dealers? or is the recommended ones in the in the forum traders section? any others will be a big help :D

anyway thats all for just now,

Cya :smt006

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome to the cosmic club :lol:

got goodridge on mine maybe close to 2 years and no complaints here

if your buying new stuff

Tegiwa
Grinspeed
Area motorsport
etc.

welcome to the cosmic club :lol:

got goodridge on mine maybe close to 2 years and no complaints here

if your buying new stuff

Tegiwa
Grinspeed
Area motorsport
etc.

Thanks buddy,

whats the eibach springs that are recommended for the EP3's? i've found a couple but not sure which one is the recommended one haha

any help is appreciated people! :D

Kyle

Hello and welcome Kyle :smt006

Sorry for the late reply, seem to have missed your original post.

Nice looking EP3 mate! Welcome to the forum.

Recommendation on brake discs and brake lines? i've purchased new pads (ferodoo ds2500 ones), the set up would be for fast road use and the car getting modded, but not looking for a set up to expensive cause it won't do much track days, just the odd one now and then :)

Goodridge and HEL lines are tried and tested. Get some good fluid too, I use super blue. Stoptech discs are good, not cheap though! That will give you a setup that's perfectly capable for fast road or track, good for day to day driving and doesn't cost the earth.

Whats the eibach springs that are recommended for the EP3's? i've found a couple but not sure which one is the recommended one haha

Sportlines are low and racey, I love mine though I do have to crawl over speedbumps. Pro kit are similar but give less drop and are slightly more comfortable. ABP/Eibach are pretty much bang in the middle. You can't go wrong with any of them really, combine them with adjustable camber bits and a good geo set-up and the car will be transformed.

I think your car is lowered already, worth checking that you don't already have Eibachs!

Well its been to long!, i completely forgot i started a thread about my car haha anyway, Just a couple of updates:

Premier Recaros!:

so much more comfy that the standard Type R seats....No more back pain! :lol:

Then i recently decided to do a spot of painting :D

i'll admit it could be better but it will do for just now as its not really the best weather to do painting ha!

then just a cheap little mod, changing the reg plate bulbs :smt023

nice little mod to make the car look much better from the back.

I've also decided on which cat back exhaust to get and i have to play the waiting game for it...since its coming from Japan! ;)

The car is booked in for February 2nd at TDI North for the k100,tegiwa induction kit and mapping! Hopefully the car puts out a good starting figure for the future mods i have planned :D....I Can't wait for it!!

But that is all the updates for just now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good so far mate. Exactly the same sort of mods I've been looking at, how much did tdi quote for all that if you don't mind my asking?

Looking good so far mate. Exactly the same sort of mods I've been looking at, how much did tdi quote for all that if you don't mind my asking?

Cheers buddy, The K100 Supplied, Fitted and fully dyno tuned is £720 and the Tegiwa intake supplied and fitted with the scuttle panel Modified is £470

you could probably save money and fit the tegiwa intake yourself, But i'm traveling down from Aberdeen so wanting to make the trip abit more worthwhile instead of just the Ecu :)

Looking forward to seeing what she makes! Do me a big favour and find out the power with just the Tegiwa fitted before they do the map?

EP3irish- spotted you in milltown spar there one night :p

I imagine it will feel like a different car on the way home. Better put some cash aside for the extra fuel you'll burn playing with the vtec on the way back haha.
What exhaust did you go for by the way?

Back