• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Kyle's 225.2BHP 172.3lbft Cosmic grey EP3

Very clean looking cosmic mate.

Thanks buddy :)

Looking forward to seeing what she makes! Do me a big favour and find out the power with just the Tegiwa fitted before they do the map?

EP3irish- spotted you in milltown spar there one night :p

Will do buddy, I'd imagine it wouldn't be that much but i'll still find out :smt023

I imagine it will feel like a different car on the way home. Better put some cash aside for the extra fuel you'll burn playing with the vtec on the way back haha.
What exhaust did you go for by the way?

Yeah i was thinking the same. I'll be pulling into the petrol stations with a huge smile on my face and not caring all the way back up to Aberdeen! :lol:

I finally decide after a couple of months of searching, looking at videos and reviews on different exhaust and decided to go for the Fujitsubo RM01A, Which finally got shipped out today and i already can't stop looking at the tracking info on where it is haha!

When i popped the Tegiwa intake it made the car more responsive! And the soundddd!!!!

I was in my work mates old ep3 which only had the pro flash from cpl, Tegiwa intake and piper cat back and loved it as soon as he put the foot down....THE NOISE!! :twisted::twisted:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Just a little update.

Looked at the tracking on the Fujitsubo this morning, Estimate delivery Monday 12th....Can't wait! :dance:

Also will be getting the car booked in to honda in the next couple of weeks for getting the valve clearances done and Oil change, so the car should be nice and healthy going down to TDI :D

Look what arrived today! :dance:

Can't believe how fast it got here from Tokyo, it was shipped out Monday morning! i wasn't expecting it till Monday the 12th. Big thanks to Nengun for getting the exhaust and DHL for getting it to me this fast!

Fitted tomorrow....! can't wait! :D

Update time!

good news and bad news :(

well the exhaust is on and i notice a difference straight away, It pulls alot better especially in VTEC! :twisted::twisted:
nice little tone to it as well :) overall i'm happy with the exhaust.

Onto the bad news now-

The exhaust rattles abit, but only when i'm turning left. I've found the problem and its hitting against the anti-roll bar:mad:
Should i have bought a JDM rear anti roll bar along with the exhaust or is it going to be something up with the fitting of it?

Picture of the problem:

Anyone be able to tell if the JDM Anti-roll bar is needed or does the fitment of it just need adjusted or even just new hangers needed? Any help is appreciated :)

Problem No.2!

when i was out last night enjoying the exhaust , my car struggled to get into 5th at high revs, i wasn't bashing it off the limiter trying to change gear before anyone suggests that. i managed to get it into 5th eventually but i had to slow down and slowly slot it in. After that i just drove about normal and it was going into 5th completely fine with no issues? :smt017

Anyone have any idea what might be the problem?

I thought it could be a worn synchro?
Low on gearbox oil or maybe even the gearbox oil was too hot?

need more information let me know and i'll do my best too :)

but anyway the main thing was the exhaust, It's on and i'm happy with it :D Haven't got any sound clips yet but managed to get a couple of pictures

nice snug fit with the bumper :smt023

Last edited by a moderator:
Try adjusting the hangars so it clears the arb better. The rear JDM arb is the same shape only thicker, so it won't help.

With regards to 5th, the only times I had issues selecting gear were once with a warped pressure plate in the clutch and the other was when I spring tried to break free of the clutch friction disc. Check there is nothing fouling the gear linkages in the engine bay since it is only the one gear and go from there.

Try adjusting the hangars so it clears the arb better. The rear JDM arb is the same shape only thicker, so it won't help.

With regards to 5th, the only times I had issues selecting gear were once with a warped pressure plate in the clutch and the other was when I spring tried to break free of the clutch friction disc. Check there is nothing fouling the gear linkages in the engine bay since it is only the one gear and go from there.

Oh right, thanks for the help Loxy... will hopefully fix the exhaust tomorrow and make a start on the 5th gear problem some point this week as well.

If i can't solve the 5th gear probably in time for my TDI north trip start of February you think i might need to cancel because of the problem? or would they still be able to do my car anyway? the reason i asked it was because the car will get dyno tuned for the K100 and the problem may occur again on the Rolling road or will it be fine?

They tend to dyno in 5th IIRC, so yes it could be an issue. If it's still playing up, maybe ask them to look at it before going on the dyno?

The gear lever linkage is easy to get to as well, pull off the lower part of the centre console and you'll be able to have a good poke around and see if the problem is there. Definitely worth checking the easy things before paying somebody to do it!

They tend to dyno in 5th IIRC, so yes it could be an issue. If it's still playing up, maybe ask them to look at it before going on the dyno?

oh right, I'll probably need to phone them in advance to let them know first but i will do, Thanks again!

The gear lever linkage is easy to get to as well, pull off the lower part of the centre console and you'll be able to have a good poke around and see if the problem is there. Definitely worth checking the easy things before paying somebody to do it!

what will i be looking for when i'm doing that? just anything broken around the gear linkage and just go through the gears with the lower part of the centre console off and see if i can see anything stopping it from going into 5th?

Exactly yes. Just look for anything that might be obstructing the cables or where they attach at the top of the gearbox.

Exactly yes. Just look for anything that might be obstructing the cables or where they attach at the top of the gearbox.

ok doke, hopefully get it sorted in time for the TDI North trip, Thanks again guys!

Update time:

Got the car back today from Honda, valve clearances done and new gearbox oil in....changing the Engine Oil and replacing Oil filter myself tomorrow so have fresh oil for TDI Trip which is getting closer and closer :D

Progress with the exhaust: i never had time over the weekend to have a look myself, so i kindly asked Honda to look at it for me.....Not good news they came back with :( The mechanic who tried to fixed it said the exhaust needs to go back to the SUPPLIER! now as you could imagine i was, as we say in Aberdeen "Raging" :lol: I'm going to have a look for myself tomorrow and see if i can do anything with it, fingers crossed i can or i'm stumped on what to do :(

Back