• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Kyle's 225.2BHP 172.3lbft Cosmic grey EP3

Just a little update, managed to move the exhaust further away from the anti-roll bar so the knocking is now at a minimum which i can live with.

Just to do a oil change and then it's TDI North next Monday and i can't wait!!!! :D

Really hope my car does well on the rolling road, fingers crossed :smt001

Another option for the exhaust is if it's only minimal you could put a small ding in it so it doesn't touch then it will be rattle free. I had to do this on my pre facelift

Another option for the exhaust is if it's only minimal you could put a small ding in it so it doesn't touch then it will be rattle free. I had to do this on my pre facelift

Ah i did consider that aswell, take it you just used a hammer then? haha

Yeah you can use a hammer. I used a copper mallet, makes a bigger cleaner dent. A hammer makes smaller and harder work of it but both achieve the same

Looking forward to seeing what she makes! Do me a big favour and find out the power with just the Tegiwa fitted before they do the map?

EP3irish- spotted you in milltown spar there one night :p

Aye think i seen you a couple of times too heading bendooragh way? Unfortunally the civic is in the shed at the minute. Bust the sump! .

Well the trip to TDI North was a success!

stupid me never me never got a video whilst it was on the rollers, only managed to get a couple of pictures. Going to get a go pro and get some videos for use because the improvement in the car just puts a huge smile on my face :D i stayed overnight not far from TDI, Lymm if anyone is curious :) and set off and got there 10mins before 9 and Paul took the keys straight off me and began to work!

they kept the roller door shut cause it was pretty cold haha! so i just relaxed before the drive back home but i kept hearing the car on the rollers and was putting a big smile on my face knowing it was my car! :D:D it was on the dyno for about a hour and a half with Paul working his magic! after they done the dyno tuning they re-fitted my exhaust aswell which is now one less problem for me to worry about

Car performed really well and was happy with the end result heres the dyno print out:

produced 225.2bhp and 172.3lbft

I'm really happy with the end result, i was bit nervous aswell during the dyno tuning incase my car was running poor or something but turns out its not..So happy days :smt023

The car pulls far better now and its just a delight to drive! Made the long drive back home more enjoyable :D

Couple of more bits of Info:

The Vtec kicks in at 4700rpm, Launch control at 4k and Paul put a shift light on my car which comes up at 8200rpm which is pretty cool :smt004
The Mid range pull is just awesome aswell and i can't wait till i go down again but not anytime soon as i want to do a few other things on my car first before another trip down, but the way the car is now i'll be smiling for awhile

and heres a picture on TDI Norths Facebook page of my car :)

Next on the list for the coming months is - Mugen spoiler colour coded, Mugen grill maybe smoothed into front bumper, New clutch & lightened flywheel ( Anyone recommend which one to go for?)

So yeah thats the latest update and hopefully get videos for use soon :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good stuff mate, decent results.

Clutch wise, Ive got a exedy stage 1 clutch. Flywheel I can't held you with though, personally I'd say don't bother as I don't think you'll notice enough of a difference for the cost.

Nice one Kyle!! I can see from the graph there on the dotted line (which is stock run with solid being the remap?) the car made about 218bhp with the mods? thats more than i would have expected!! So about 7bhp on peak power gain yeah? Your midrange gain is maaassiveeeee!!!

Good job then? Id love some videos so we can see !

keep her lit!

Nice car Kyle, I'm looking at similar mods on mine so I'm very impressed with your remap figures.

Ive got a Tegiwa Induction kit fitted and I have a full piper exhaust system on order and with your progress a k100 and a trip to tdi north is definatly on the list. Keep up the good work.

Good stuff mate, decent results.

Clutch wise, Ive got a exedy stage 1 clutch. Flywheel I can't held you with though, personally I'd say don't bother as I don't think you'll notice enough of a difference for the cost.

Thanks buddy, yeah thats the clutch i was looking at and i just thought to upgrade the flywheel whilst the box would be off but i'll have another think on the flywheel then thanks for the help anyway :)

Nice one Kyle!! I can see from the graph there on the dotted line (which is stock run with solid being the remap?) the car made about 218bhp with the mods? thats more than i would have expected!! So about 7bhp on peak power gain yeah? Your midrange gain is maaassiveeeee!!!

Good job then? Id love some videos so we can see !

keep her lit!

yeah thats correct, dotted line is stock run, well the car had the Fujitsubo RM-01A before i went down, so the dotted line is with that aswell actually :)
Yeah i didn't expect that much either but i'm delighted!... yeah the mid-range pull is just awesome and puts a big smile on my face! :twisted:
Yeah really good job worth the trip in the end and videos soon buddy :wink:

Nice car Kyle, I'm looking at similar mods on mine so I'm very impressed with your remap figures.

Ive got a Tegiwa Induction kit fitted and I have a full piper exhaust system on order and with your progress a k100 and a trip to tdi north is definatly on the list. Keep up the good work.

Highly recommend them buddy, will be a worthwhile trip for you and your motor :smt023

Been looking at new tyres and i'm having very little grip on the front on the tyres in general, so just wanted a little conformation before i order them.

i know the normal size for ep3's are 205/45/r17 W84 but i see people saying 215's are fine swell but can't remember if the profile is 40 or 45? but anyway. the tyres i'm looking at are Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 - 215/45 R17 Y (91)

will these be fine or are they not recommended? i know the tyre itself gets good reviews on here but can't remember the size. any help is appreciated :)

I ended up going for 205/40/17 as there are more options available and they are about 15-20% cheaper without looking too small in the arch. I'll be dropping the car by 30mm as well soon.

Car looks great by the way =D>

I have Goodyear eagles on mine in 215/46/17. I love them. The 45 profile fills the arch much better without rubbing. I personally don't like the look of stretched tyres, and the bigger tyre looks better to me. They were cheaper too! The speedo error is small enough to ignore.

Well its been to long!, i completely forgot i started a thread about my car haha anyway, Just a couple of updates:

Premier Recaros!:

so much more comfy that the standard Type R seats....No more back pain! :lol:

Then i recently decided to do a spot of painting :D

i'll admit it could be better but it will do for just now as its not really the best weather to do painting ha!

then just a cheap little mod, changing the reg plate bulbs :smt023

nice little mod to make the car look much better from the back.

I've also decided on which cat back exhaust to get and i have to play the waiting game for it...since its coming from Japan! ;)

The car is booked in for February 2nd at TDI North for the k100,tegiwa induction kit and mapping! Hopefully the car puts out a good starting figure for the future mods i have planned :D....I Can't wait for it!!

But that is all the updates for just now!
Hi any idea which led those are for the rear I was thinking bout installing some on my cosmic.

Hi Kyle, My Car's in at TDi North on Saturday :smt004, just wondering which light they used on your dash for a shift light or did they fit a new one?

Nice car dude. Goodyear Eagle F1's are definitely a good choice, put some on my a couple of weeks a go and more than happy with them :)

Back