• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Lambda Sensor Bank 1

My EML light has been on for the past few weeks and I had it checked by a mechanic today and it came up as a lambda sensor bank 1 fault.
This happin to anyone here?
Anyone know any websites where I could get a new one?
Cheers

Just need a new lambda/02 sensor in the exhaust. Honda, eBay, hendyshop on here will all be able to source the part.

Don't go for a cheap one either as it won't last, original Honda one is what you want, but they're not cheap sadly, last I knew they were close to £100 but I think they've gone up now.

I have the same problem unfortunatley, nightmare. It will probably cause the air/fuel ratio to be out and the emissions to be high at my best guess.

Get it changed ASAP IMO. It won't help the air/fuel ratio or your economy.

I would say Honda only.

I don't know what they use, it might be theNGK ones, I'm not sure.

Just whenever I've read of someone trying another brand not sourced from Honda, they fail.

Honda dealer quoted me over 200 euro for a new one, I think I might try get a 2nd hand one off a breaker

Yup, part 19+ 20 :(

6175672a.jpg

Yeah ill avoid buying a new one if I can, thats alot of cash. Would it be difficult getting one off a car thats for breaking?

why was it an nightmare?

Had to refit standard exhaust and get two new tyres to pass mot. Then the lambda error. Bad day.

Guys if I could hijack, anyone know why this error would get flung after replacing my hks catback with the oem catback?

Had to refit standard exhaust and get two new tyres to pass mot. Then the lambda error. Bad day.

Guys if I could hijack, anyone know why this error would get flung after replacing my hks catback with the oem catback?

Is the rest of the system oem?

Back