• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Lambda sensor

I have put on a custom made cat back exhaust onto my civic sport and i am looking for some advice.

My engine management light keeps coming on ( only since i put the exhaust on ) and it is only when i sit idal for more than 10 min and them it goes off after a while of driving. Been told off a few people that it may be my Lamda ( i think thats how you spell it and what they are talking about ).

Any advice wold be great. I know its nto a CTR but any help is better than no help.

Thanks

mr_sport

To be honest I'd speak to the people who made the exhaust, the problem is a strange one and could be to do with many things. Overheating, back pressure, water build up in the exhaust / CAT, or they may have done some strange earthing on the sensor?

If not then get Honda to pull the ECU codes to give more information.
1 question though, why are you sitting at idle for 10 minutes?

To be honest I'd speak to the people who made the exhaust, the problem is a strange one and could be to do with many things. Overheating, back pressure, water build up in the exhaust / CAT, or they may have done some strange earthing on the sensor?

If not then get Honda to pull the ECU codes to give more information.
1 question though, why are you sitting at idle for 10 minutes?

I am sitting for more than tem mins when i am working and delivering food and in this weather I need heating or I would freeze.

I will get one of my friends run that thing to give you the problem code and I will take it from there. Thanks for the help guys.

mr_sport

Back