• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Leaking Aerial into Alarm Sensors - Help!!

Just got back from holiday to discover there is water leaking straight through the aerial into the alarm sensors at the back of the car! :( anyone know how to stop this leak!? how do I remove the alarm sensor cover??
Cheers :)
Oli

There are two screw covers to the rear of the housing, use a small slotted drive to pop them out. You’ll then need a pozi drive to take the sensor off.

I unbolted the aerial and polished up the roof surface, then applied some clear sealant on the outside under the rubber seal the aerial mounting sits in. Bolted it back up and cleared off any overspill. Its not leaked since.

I had this problem a while back, it was causing the alarm to go off at random times all day and night.

Anyway, as I didnt fancy removing everything to see what was going on, I just pulled it back on the roof, and where the grommet / washer is between the roof and the aerial, I just squeezed in a little bit of black silicone. No mess whatsoever, and its worked a treat since.

Hope that helps :)

I've got this problem also. I can see the nut that holds the aerial in place but can't get access to it. I have dropped the headlining but still can't get to it. Is there an easier way of doing this? I feel sealing it up is bit of a bodge??

Back