• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Leaking Boot!

Ello peeps,
I got a problem with a leaking boot.
There are two wet patches just inside the boot, to the left and right, near the rear wheel areas. I have checked the sills running along the two sides of the boot and they seem fine. It seems like the water may be getting in from above the number plate someware.
Has anyone had this problem or know how to fix it?
Cheers.

Ello peeps,
There are two wet patches just inside the boot, to the left and right, near the rear wheel areas. I have checked the sills running along the two sides of the boot and they seem fine. It seems like the water may be getting in from above the number plate someware.
Cheers.

hi mate, mate of mine had the same problem on his teg (am guessing you own a teg from your advatar) i think you may find the water is coming through the rear tail lights, then running back into the boot, have you had any blown blubs?? we re-sealed the tail lights as far am aware he has had no problems hope this help's.

Cheers mate. i have got a brake light out actually so that might be the answer. ill give that a go.
what do you think is best to use? silicone?
Thanks again.

Ello peeps,
Cheers.
its probably coming in through where the bumper bolts to the rear arches as theres a ridge that collect dirt then rots i had the same problem with my old ek

My DC5 likes to collect water where the spacesaver is and I'm yet to finout where it's coming from. It's clean water, so I'm guessing it's rain water. I've just got a sponge that sits in the recess to try and soak up as much as possible for the time being. :lol:

Cheers mate. i have got a brake light out actually so that might be the answer. ill give that a go.
what do you think is best to use? silicone?
Thanks again.

Yeah use clear silicone around the lightclusters that's all we did.

My DC5 likes to collect water where the spacesaver is and I'm yet to finout where it's coming from. It's clean water, so I'm guessing it's rain water. I've just got a sponge that sits in the recess to try and soak up as much as possible for the time being. :lol:

It'll be the rear lights mate.

As found on my Integra DC2 it was the rear lights that let all the water in, just for extra's, a rover 600 coup'e (same chassis) also has this problem through the rear lights! A patch of silicone should do the trick :)

As found on my Integra DC2 it was the rear lights that let all the water in, just for extra's, a rover 600 coup'e (same chassis) also has this problem through the rear lights! A patch of silicone should do the trick :)

Rover never made a 600 Coupe, do you mean the 200?

Anyone had this one an EP3? Im sure its not comming from the light you can see its comming from the rear window when i spray water on it. It trickles down from that area and ends up by the light then when i drive away ends up with the spare wheel..

Any advice? Im so close to selling it as a result of this!

Never an issue on my ep3 but I've just sealed my rear lights on my dc2 as when cleaning I discovered about a pint of water in one of the lights. Used clear bathroom sealer, easy! Now it's all dry and good.

Was told to drill holes in bottom to release water, I did this and ****ed it so ordered a new one from the breakers so be carefull.

Back