• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Leather steering wheel

Hi guys, just thought id share, when i bought my ep3 the steering wheel was quite worn around the top, only done 58k, checked genuine mileage and hpi clear and all that so wasnt too bothered but the salesman did say he'd get it repaired....so a month later and after about 5 phone calls to chase him about it he finally asked me do drop it off after work n thay would have it for about 20 mins, fine. picked it up a short while after and WOW!! it lookes like a brand new steering wheel. after seeing it like it was before all shiney and a bit past it i was really impressed. just wondered if anyone on here knows what thay actually do?

no mate, def the same one, there's still a tiny hair line scratch on the honda badge. i mean it almost brand new lol

Probably just cleaned it and polished it up.

You'd surprised hop much filth and dirt that the wheel picks up.

no mate, def the same one, there's still a tiny hair line scratch on the honda badge. i mean it almost brand new lol

That doesn't mean the steering wheel isn't new as they would have just swapped the wheel but kept your airbag.

I would have though getting some leather cleaner and a bit of elbow grease is the way forward. I have some zymol leather cleaner from halfrauds (doing 3 for 2 at the min on cleaning chemicals) that I use, does the job of keeping it clean and not letting get too caked in crap.

sounds daft but how do you know when "agitating" the leather when cleaning it up, if its dirt or wear? ie how much do you rub it (aiiaight) without a genie appearing or metal appearing lol?

We have had a go at getting the grime off, but unsure when to stop in fear of making it worse..........

I suppose if the leather has gone 'bobbly' then its more on the wear side than dirty side. If the wheel has retained it smoother appearance then it should be a case of cleaning it.

Back